Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Balistic Addon Studios presents the M/AH-6 Littlebird-RELEASED!!!  (Read 22193 times)

Tigershark

Fair enough

Navy Captain

Yea! I finaly beat that mission! I love the scripting that Nagul put into this mission, I expecialy love the Intro and Outro! Keep it up BAS just next time a little less lag please. And about delaying release of an addon for the mission to be redy, just let it come out peice by peice when its done. Like instead of haveing the mission and the addon delayed release the addon first, then the mission. Well there's my two cents!

BoNeCoLLeCToR

will there be that nose thing like the MH-60L chopper in BHD?
and release on sunday?

Tigershark

Yes.....
Release next week but not sunday

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 05:14:03 by Tigershark »

contraz0rz

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!111 thank you so much BAS for a wonderful addon!

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig

Problem with 1.46 version found....

...the pbo compiler I used to make the final pbo's
is not compatiable with 1.46 :(

SelectThis

Just a detail here -  :)

when packing addons into the final pbo's, it's always a good thing
 to simply use the default "BIS-stuffer", that is :
  • add an island name to your addon folder
  • put an empty mission.sqm file inside the folder
  • put the folder in your user missions folder
  • export the file as a single mission
  • Then re-name the pbo
Sounds boring and all ::) I know, but this way you're secured for evermore
since the game itself won't change its mission exporter  :D

------------------------------

I use the INTRO island, put an empty sqm next to the config in the addon folder,
re-name the addon folder from "TMB_Addon" to "TMB_Addon.intro"
then add this folder to my OFP/"UserNameMissions-Folder" and export the crap.

Then I just need to delete the ".intro" part of the final PBO filename, and all is fine  8)

PS. by "empty" mission sqm I mean :

-----------------------------------------
version=11;class Mission{addOns[]={};addOnsAuto[]={};randomSeed=0;class Intel{};};

class Intro
{
   addOns[]={};
   addOnsAuto[]={};
   randomSeed=0;
   class Intel
   {
   };
};
class OutroWin
{
   addOns[]={};
   addOnsAuto[]={};
   randomSeed=0;
   class Intel
   {
   };
};
class OutroLoose
{
   addOns[]={};
   addOnsAuto[]={};
   randomSeed=0;
   class Intel
   {
   };
};
--------------------------------------------------

zatz-it  :-*

PPS.
the pbo file is also encrypted by default this way.

Tombs

Chomps

Any plans on creating custom .rtm files for the soldiers in your choppers when the tool is made available?

BoNeCoLLeCToR

Nice looking MH-60L tiger m8 1 question are you gonna add the fastrope script too in the addon ???
If no please add the script in the pbo file for easy use
If yes I love you Tiger :-*

Tigershark

Not at this stage

Monkey Lib Front

looking good as always.

FuNkYmAn

hey,

I have followed the steps for 1.46 to make them appear in the editor...

and they do... and i can use them... but when i get in to external view it comes up with a
cannot load (or something) mipmap bas_lbs\m\tjpcutcon.paa

argh :(

i have prolly fucked up the .pbos so when will the fixed 1.46 .pbos be on the site? (since i have given up)

thanks

Doger

Hello i'm Col. Steve Robson Retired from the 101st Airbon Rangers....I need ask you is this the real handling from the Real LittleBrids becuase i was flying them on ofp an the handling was not Stable at all moves like u tuch the stick like a tuch an u go 210 knots thats not right u need to fix that i want the real thing plz......

Thank you for ur time guys

Tigershark

My advice...wait for us to fix the 1,46 version in the next couple of days.

Tigershark

@Doger

Thanks for your post and input. It's always an honour to have current and ex military types on this board. :)

We will continue to refine the handling of Littlebird...but lets please all remember one thing. OFP is NOT a flight simulator and therefore does not have the advanced physics engine of one.

My personal pain in the but is that no helo can "jink" properly in game...the simply do a slide slip and speed drops suddenly. Not real at all.

Unforunately we can only work within the confines of the OFP physics engine...and unfortunately...that engine doesn't cater well for airborne units.

We will look at the problem you reported Doger but I'm not sure we can do much about it as my gut feeling tells me it is a limitation of the OFP physics engine.

Nagual

About the mission, I have seen all bugs while playtesting it many, many times. But like tiger said, small changes to the birds itself could make large changes to the mission, even 1.85 patch altered the way they flew and landed. And getting the ai to fly exactly the same everytime is no easy task (at one point i put a civ standing in the first coastal town the birds fly over, but when detected by the west it casued the player helo to fly into the 2 others, lol).

Things like the player lb hitting the building happened occasionaly while the mission was being made, but seems more frequent latley so i will look into it. Sometimes the ai pilots of any chopper just go nuts, and do crazy things that i cant control. Like fly straight into each other ::)

As far as lag goes, it is a concern, but other missions will not involve so much activity in such a small place.

I also dont think its worth delaying an addon for the demo, the mission will always be close behind, and ballistic does produce addons, not missions.

When i finish moving houses this week, i will look into a 1.46 conversion of the demo, though the intro will be different.