Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Balistic Addon Studios presents the M/AH-6 Littlebird-RELEASED!!!  (Read 22191 times)

Remington

Doger, when did you retire? What company were you in?  Where did you operate in Vietnam?

Remington
RLTW

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
Re: 1.46 error messages.

I suspect the errors are caused by the new model for the pilot which uses the beretta proxies for 1.75+.

Try placing a empty littlebird and using the standard BIS pilots instead.

SelectThis

Doger

well i was in Airborn Spec Ops team in C Company an i went to vietnam in 1965 an been in the army for 32 years an reired afther the golf war ended in 1992 so if ur fixing know what my age is i'm 58 an i was born Dec. 22, 1945

Ferret Fangs

Did you attend at the Point, Dodger? My uncle graduated from there about that time. He was a LRRP team leader with CCN at Phu Bai. His name was Vince Purdy, a Lt. in '65, maybe you bumped into him? Where in the 'Nam were you stationed?

Tigershark

The golf war....was that when Scotland and America went at each other with 9 irons, Topflite mortars and really bad plaid uniforms with polo shirts?

Sorry Doger.....mean no disrespect..couldn't resist a little comedy.

welcome to the forums and the community :-)

skweegee

I'm having the same problems that Funkyman is having with 1.46. I followed the steps and re-pbo'd the files. But when I try to go to an outside view, the game crashes to an error message that says "cannot load mipmap bas_lbs\m\tjpcntcon.paa" Any ideas on any way to fix this?

thanks ???

pang

strange flight- instability in ofp 1.85
« Reply #111 on: 30 Oct 2002, 12:43:45 »

whenever i flew pretty fast, descending at the same time, the nose of the chopper went straight down and crashed...
i couldnÂ't believe itÂ's a bug in your BAS addon, coz i experienced the same on the LB from drakkhen.
finally i tried a bit around: the original blackhawk worked fine, nothing would happen... then i did the same maneuver with the original oh58 and it was pretty close to the BAS- LB- crash.
i think thereÂ's gotta be kinda bug in 1.85 depending on the mass/ the weight of a chopper. :(

dont know if anyone mentioned this post, but itÂ's getting a quite big problem -at least for me- in version 1.85...
it sometimes makes flying the LBs almost impossible.
i wonder, if anyone experienced the same bug in ofp 1.85 with the BAS LBs?

try this, to find out: place any LB uphill "larche" on malden, fly towards the city pretty fast and try to lower your height at the same time and pushing default-key "s" simultaneously.

this doesnt appear with other choppers, neither original, nor addon- heli.

DeadMeatXM2

I have a similar problem - except it is the complete reverse!

Ever since i installed 1.85 all of my helo's - even the BAS ones, have had an incredibly annoying habit of wanting to climb.... >:(

Now I normally fly anywhere between 2 and 50 meters, (right down on the deck! :p) but now im finding it very hard to stay down there.....

so i expect that there has been a small helo bug introduced (not on purpose - i hope) which decreases the stability of the helo's in ofp - further tests will have to be carried out to find the cause...

Frandsen

the little bird is a bit harder to fly that i agre but whit a little pratice you find that its a fantstic chopper and it SO 'alive' in fact i enjoy the challange to fly this baby (i been flying in ofp since the demo)  so all in all

The chopper is smaller
-so it tilts a bit more [coud be the wind or the smaler       mass compar to a uh60]

All im saying enjoy this, its fun, its a challange, its BALISTIC!  :o ;D

mattmayhem

Yes it is very fun and dynamic to fly !! The part that makes this addon is the awesome sounds ! This is a really good quality addon, I can tell the blackhawks will also be very very good!!! Keep is up BAS!!!  ;D

pang

yeah guys, i  managed it like this: "oh well, letÂ's just say itÂ's the winds or some turbulances" ;D

but sometimes this really doesnt satisfie me, though there is a point where the chopper becomes un- maneuverable for some seconds.
i now found out that this mainly happens if you push "y" and "s"... the basic maneuver for keeping your height or landing the chopper for a quick- insertion.

surely BAS did a fantastic job and i can look over this small "bug", but iÂ'm curious if itÂ's a 1.85 bug or if it depends on the LB.

-greetings pang

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
The LBs have a smaller turning radius than the standard helis. If you oversteer it then it will lose control and go into a spin...not so unrealistic I think ;)

Takes more skill to fly it LB fast and low.

SelectThis

Remington

Doger, WOW, I have never heard of an Airborne Spec Ops team with Cco, Cco what, what bat were you with?  You said you were a Airborne Ranger with the 101st.  What exactly did your, "SPEC OPs" team do?

Remington
RLTW

pang

select this,
the thing is, that the chopper doesnt react on any key at all, if it once get into that strange thing, so it doesnt depend on the flight skills.

i was beginning to think that it would depend on the new 1.85 code, that automatically lowers the helos if the pass a waypoint, you know what i mean.
but some people i asked, dont seem to have those problems at all... others have similar ones, like deadmeatxm2, whos choppers wont keep their height properly.

anyways, you guys did a really excellent job on those LBs, but i was only wondering why i have this strange maneuverability.
well maybe its just any addon that screwed up my ofp, so that the LBs could be in conflict with some other addon.
iÂ'll try to reinstall my ofp (yep, only for the LB, aint that a proof of how much i like it? ;)) and see if itÂ'll work afterwards.

-greetings pang

Platoon Ablaze

A big bravo to SelectThis, ebud, drakken and all I shamely forgot to mention.The amount of work, and hours put in that project has surely been huge!.

To those who moans for little bugs, color of the rear engine panel rivet, or the age ogf the Capitain, well just make your own addon, I wish you FUN!.

Nagual your mission is awsome, and when we see what have be done in the past concerning the use of helos, you're the man to make a B.H.D for us 8).

>> always loved the DAP Blackhawks.