Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with a PvP Map!  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Luminous

• Members
Help with a PvP Map!
« on: 06 Jan 2008, 17:12:04 »
Alright guys

Im currently creating a PvP map very basic for some exercises for our squad! But im wondering on a couple of things! Now i am a noob with mission creating but not doing to bad so layman terms would be appreciated!  :D

*Is there anyway to turn off the kill cam so the dead man cant see where it came from?
*Is there anyway to turn off the "Auto AI Eye" within the players right click! Many times ive played a game and my solider shouts out "AT SOLIDER 200 METERS" and im thinking I aint bloody seen him! Last thing u want after crawling 300 meters in the undergrowth invisible to the human naked eye is there auto AI eye picking u up and marking your position and defenders thinkin thanks very much! Is there anyway to turn this off?
*Also anyway to turn off all player map markers both Opfor & Blufor?

If you could help me out with this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Luminous

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Help with a PvP Map!
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2008, 16:07:37 »
- When the player is killed the game just runs the script "onPlayerKilled.sqs" (if there isn't one in your mission directory, it runs the default one which just does the standard kill-cam camera movement).

- You can turn off the AI spotting messages, though it also removes all AI talking, like accepting move orders, with an addon such as MAP NoVoice. No way to just remove the AI spotting that I'm aware of, or any way to remove the messages with just scripting.

- You have to configure the difficulty settings on the dedicated server to prevent the standard auto-tracking with markers that you could normally just turn off in your difficulty options (I assume that is what you meant).
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2008, 16:11:42 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Luminous

• Members
Re: Help with a PvP Map!
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2008, 18:28:01 »
That will do lovely thanks for your reply!