Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: making a plane land then getting it to ignore next waypoints...  (Read 1719 times)

Offline filth

• Members
  • Who's the bad man?
here's one i can't seem to work out.
i'm working on a scenario where a plane is due to land at an airport at a certain time (30 minutes into the mission). i've given it waypoints that make it fly above the map until the required landing time, then a waypoint for it to land. on landing, i set the fuel to 0 to make it stop until i have performed an 'action' on the plane. (i don't mean that rudely). when i perform that action, this triggers the fuel in the plane to fill up and it takes off again and flies to its last waypoint.

what i want to be able to do is this: if the team (it's a co-op) achieve all objectives and get to the airport way before the plane is due to land, i want the leader of the team to be able to 'make the plane land' via a radio command. that's my first issue. (as the leader will be dependant on who's still alive). the other problem is, that when the plane takes off again, it wants to fly to the waypoint that it had before it landed prematurely. i'd like it to jump to the last waypoint that i've created for it, therefore completing the mission as though the interim waypoints never existed. how can i achieve this?

also, is there a way i can spawn the plane mid-flight some way into the mission and have it fly to pre-designated waypoints, even if some triggers on the map rely on the vehicle being present to fire. basically, i'm trying to minimise the risk of the ai pilot flying into a mountain half way through the mission. finally, can someone point me in the direction of the following script plz... i've had a look in the editor's depot and can't see it: Count-down script by Caelib. thx all.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Easiest answer first:

Edit: try MandoAir for your other woes http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=27621.0.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2007, 23:14:23 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline filth

• Members
  • Who's the bad man?
thx for the pointers peanut.  :cool2: it's a very good tutorial. and the countdown script is exactly what i was after. mandobles air support tut is great and i will consult it for future use, however, it's not quite what i was after for help with my plane.  :confused: BUT i have worked out a simpler question that should give me the answer i need. the question is this:
can i make an ai unit jump to its last waypoint, ignoring previous waypoints in the process?  ??? or to put it another way, can i delete certain ai waypoints via a script that is called during a mission? cheers buster.  :P

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
yes,

what you are talking about is called a switch trigger. if you search the forums for 'switch trigger' you might find the info you need. at the moment i don't see the old switch trigger tutorial for OFP in the ED.

what you do is place a trigger and set its type to Switch. you then select Synchronise and draw a blue line between the trigger and the last waypoint before the 'jump'. When the trigger is thrown, when the unit meets the 'Synched' WP it then heads to waypoints after.

confusing? yes...
urp!

Offline filth

• Members
  • Who's the bad man?
that's exactly what i was after nutbag.  :D thx tremendously.  :cool2: