Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Removing bodies...  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: Removing bodies...
« Reply #15 on: 26 Sep 2008, 16:43:37 »
You could use my "Swimmer Keeps Weapons" script.  It is in the ArmA Beta Board. It should be able to run on many many units without problem. It was designed for players but works for AI. I now realise, however, that is does not disable when a unit dies. Hmm, easily fixed. v1.2, here I come...
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2008, 02:50:23 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: 26 Sep 2008, 23:04:03 »
Would be interesting to know if multiple scripts take less performance than the weaponholders.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #17 on: 27 Sep 2008, 02:50:47 »
Strike what I said. I forgot the context of this thread. That is so strange that weapons lost in water are not automatically deleted. Another "feature".
urp!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #18 on: 29 Sep 2008, 07:37:53 »
Thank you! I deleted the weapons (weaponholders) in the water in every 40 seconds. I hope it will solve the problem. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I cannot test it, because there is no LAG in my PC with destroyed boats and proxies and weaponholders.... but betatesters feedbacked the lag and I try to improve the mission. I hope, now it's well.

@Trapper: I know what do you say, but I tried to keep low level the script frequency... So my scripts run relatively rare. There are 3 script: 1 generate RACS, other generate SLA and 3rd remove the bodies, delete the boats/proxies and weaponholders... and all script run different frequency (60-40sec... etc) and in every script I left time for the game with many ~1
Fix bayonet!

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: 29 Sep 2008, 16:39:48 »
I think you'll be fine with that. I was referring to Peanut's weapon data storage scripts.