Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sahrani Electrical Grids (ACCEPTED)  (Read 8402 times)

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
Re: Sahrani Electrical Grids (READY)
« Reply #15 on: 14 Dec 2007, 23:28:13 »
Version 1.01 Released - First post changelog and link updated.

There was a small setup issue for mission makers with regards to the Description.ext file and class CfgSounds only if other custom sounds were being included in the mission.  This has been permanently fixed.  First post has been updated with changelog and link to new version (v1.01).  I apologize for any inconvenience.  Changelog is repeated below:

Version 1.01 (Minor Setup Fix)
-Adjusted how custom sounds for SEG are included in the mission maker's Description.ext file to avoid conflict with other potential custom sounds.  See "Mission Maker Instructions" Step 3 in SEG_README.txt.

p.s. I also forgot to add LeeHunt to the acknowledgments in the readme  :-[...that oversight has now been corrected. :)

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Sahrani Electrical Grids (READY)
« Reply #16 on: 15 Dec 2007, 17:15:49 »
thanks Loyalguard will take a look at the final one 1.01 and we'll get it up online  :D

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
Re: Sahrani Electrical Grids (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #17 on: 08 Jan 2008, 23:03:22 »
Version 1.05 Released - First post changelog and link updated.

Please update the Editor's Depot with this latest version as time allows.

This release corrects possible code conflicts for JIP players.  There has been no change in the functionality of the script pack.

It appears that in ArmA there can only be one instance of the onPlayerCommand in a mission regardless if they are both in the init.sqf or seperate script files.  If the onPlayerConnected command is used anywhere else in the mission only one of the commands will be executed.  This will most likely lead to an incomplete JIP update or other conflict with onPlayerConnected dependencies.

In order to avoid such problems I have changed how the SEG JIP update script is executed.  The changes I have implemented will also require the mission maker to make some small adjustments in how SEG is integrated into a mission.  The additional steps are included in the review SEG_README.txt included with the download.

I have tested this fix extensively on a multiple client connected dedicated server with the included demo mission.  I have also integrated SEG into some other popular persistent missions that use onPlayerConnected as described above without difficulty or loss of function.

If you do not use onPlayerConnected in your mission and are already using SEG, there is no need to update your mission to Seg 1.05.  However, all new missions with SEG or missions using onPlayerConnected should use v 1.05 to ensure full compatibility.

If you have any questions on how to incorporate this latest version in your mission or any questions on SEG please let me know!

Possible Future Releases
As previewed by the ArmA 1.09 beta patch, some new possibilities for SEG may open up to be able to include the option to repair/re-build workstations.  This may be possible due to this fix:  5164 - Fixed: Building ruins were not visible for JIP-ed players. I am still looking into it and will post updates if relevant.

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Sahrani Electrical Grids (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #18 on: 09 Jan 2008, 00:43:09 »
ok will take a look