Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI squads won't board/disembark client player-controlled helicopters  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Ranger

• Members
  • Hoo-ah!
Hi folks,

I have created a mission where up to 8 players can be the pilots/gunners in 4 UH-60s, and each helicopter carries one squad of infantry from an airfield to a landing zone.  The 4 UH-60s begin landed at the airfield on Everon.  The 4 infantry squads begin standing next to the helicopters.

Each UH-60 has the following set of waypoints:

1. Load (to pick up one of the infantry squads)
2. Move (placed close to the Load WP, and synchronized with the other UH-60s' Move WPs so that they all fly off together)
3. Transport Unload (located several kilometers away at the LZ)

Each infantry squad has the following set of waypoints:

1. Get In (to board their respective UH-60)
2. Get Out (to disembark their respective UH-60 at the appropriate LZ)
3. Additional WPs to go do their objectives.

The problem: the AI-controlled squads wait for 30 seconds or longer before boarding any UH-60 with a client player as the UH-60's pilot.  In contrast, the AI-controlled squads instantly board AI-controlled UH-60's (when there aren't 4 player-controlled pilots).  Additionally, the squads refuse to disembark from UH-60s piloted by client players no matter how long I wait.  The host computer (a non-dedicated server) has none of these problems.

I have created a workaround to solve the problem of the squads refusing to disembark, by using a trigger and a script for each UH-60.  However, I haven't been able to come up with a workaround to force the squads to board the UH-60s immediately without having to wait for the 30+ seconds.

Does anyone know any good workaround for this problem?
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2002, 10:01:45 by Ranger »
Ranger