Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SPON Money v0.1.2 (ACCEPTED)  (Read 18712 times)

Offline Phil!

• Members
Re: SPON Money v0.1.2 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #45 on: 11 Feb 2009, 01:04:05 »
In my testing you can continue to buy units and they will not be a part of the group but they aren't statues, they will react when shot at and stuff so it's not the biggest problem.

I would like to add though that if you add a weapon crate in the vehicles listing it will not have any inventory in multiplayer games but works fine in single player.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #46 on: 12 Feb 2009, 10:00:34 »
The reason you don't get contents for ammo boxes is because I clear out all the contents of vehicles (an ammo box is just a vehicle you can't get into!), so you don't get massive amounts of free ammo with certain vehicles. You could always not clear the cargos of ammo boxes to overcome this:
Code: [Select]
// Only clear out vehicles, not ammo boxes.
_veh = _itemClass createVehicle (getPos player);
if (not (_veh isKindOf "ReammoBox")) then
{
  clearWeaponCargo _veh;
  clearMagazineCargo _veh;
};
I can't understand why ammo boxes would have contents in SP mode normally though :whistle:
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Phil!

• Members
« Reply #47 on: 13 Feb 2009, 22:45:34 »
Prob just one of Arma's amny gremlins  :P

Offline danturn

• Members
SPON money help.
« Reply #48 on: 29 May 2009, 19:24:05 »
Ok, so I love the SPON money script, but with the release of the RKSL cargo script I want to encorporate the two.

On vehicles and items etc that RKSL havn't already scripted, such as addons by other players, you need to add a line to the init field of the item.

What I am curious to know, is how you add something to the init field of an item created via SPON money.

So if your shop sells a truck, how do i add something to the trucks init field?

Thanks

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON money help.
« Reply #49 on: 30 May 2009, 14:38:52 »
This sort of thing has been discussed already in this thread. Have a poke around and ask again if you still have problems...
« Last Edit: 30 May 2009, 14:40:51 by Spooner »

Offline danturn

• Members
Re: SPON Money (DO NOT SUBMIT)
« Reply #50 on: 30 May 2009, 16:21:05 »
Never mind, i worked it out haha.

I was going to ask how to include recruitable AI units into the shop but it seems this has already been covered. What I was hoping to add was buyable objects such as the blue and white container, as, since I have already mentioned elsewhere I am using RKSl cargo. The blue and white containers would be a nice way to be able to store vehicles, tents, etc so as not to clutter a players base or area until the items were used. It would also be a handy way to transport objects etc.

My problem is, i included it in the price list and shop but it didn't appear to work.

Code: [Select]
[
  [//weapons
    [weapon names and price ]
  ],
  [//ammo
    [ammo names and prices]
  ],
  [//vehicles
    [vehicle name and price]
  ]
]

Obviously it isn't weapons, ammo or vehicles, so which section would I include it under, or where abouts would I include other static objects, so obviously the string goes along the lines of [weapon, ammo, vehicles].. so is there a fourth bit to it? [weapons, ammo, vehicles, objects] maybe?

thanks
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 15:21:44 by danturn »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #51 on: 10 Jul 2009, 23:29:47 »
Statics should count as vehicles in this case, since vehicles or objects would just be created with createVehicle in exactly the same way. Might be some reason that it fails though, since my scripts might not recognise a static as a vehicle since it is one of AllVehicles and might not show it because of that. Really I can't remember though...