Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: TransBox - Ammobox Transport System - (ACCEPTED)  (Read 2875 times)

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
TransBox - Ammobox Transport System - (ACCEPTED)
« on: 18 Sep 2007, 18:47:59 »
At first i want to say a hello to the OFPEC-Team, because this is my first post.  :)

Here i have a script set, that enables players to load/unload ammoboxes from vehicles of their choice. It was made because in MP we often see that awful ammobug happening from vehicles that were stuffed full with weapons and ammo.  >:(

I packed them into 2 example missions (small and addon-free) on desert island. Mapmakers can look at them there, and easy copy and paste the TransBox folder into their missions. A readme file with detailed information is included also.

There are 2 versions of TransBox:

TransBox Light: supports 1 box / 1 vehicle
TransBox Deluxe: supports up to 6 boxes / many vehicles

TransBox does not really load a box, it only fakes it by hiding the boxes 100m under ground at their original place. As a mapmaker their is no need to stuff vehicles full with ammo anymore, these scripts will give you more and better flexibility.

Well, i didn�t find any similar script in your download section. If you find it usefull and quality good enough, maybe it can make its way into the editor depot. I took extra care of making TransBox none laggy and working under multiplayer. I would like to hear your opinion about it, and will answer questions about TransBox here.   :cool2: :cool2:

Edit: you may want to ask about the credits in the TransBox readme:  dr. seltsam == Mad Max

Get TransBox 0.942
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2008, 21:22:56 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: TransBox - Ammobox Transport System -
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2007, 13:58:49 »
Welcome Seltsam  :)
I will check your script later for both ArmA and OFP, as more than problably it will be also valid for ArmA.

EDIT:
Tested, it works quite well, good work. The resource has been accepted.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2007, 17:54:18 by Mandoble »

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
Re: TransBox - Ammobox Transport System - (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2007, 23:30:06 »
Thanks for including TransBox into the Editors Depot.  :D

But, can you fix the download? It contains nothing when i download and unzip it...

:(

« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2008, 20:04:22 by dr. seltsam »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2007, 00:41:03 »
Sorry for the inconvenience  :confused: the file seems ok now.

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2008, 20:17:05 »
I made the update for TransBox several months ago, but forgot to submit it...   :whistle:

Well, here is the actual version: TransBox   Ver. 0.942

Changelog:
1. changed the script start timing to avoid problems with slower computers
2. reduced the displayed text messages, they now appear only if you are within 80m to the load/unload action
3. increased the possible number of boxes to 8

If you have questions, suggestions or need help to include TransBox into your mission, you can contact me here, or send me a message to the email adress which you will find in the readme file.
 :cool2:  :cool2:
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2008, 21:21:54 by Mandoble »