Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Gun in hand - detector  (Read 2718 times)

Offline kadryl

• Members
Gun in hand - detector
« on: 21 Sep 2007, 17:20:55 »
Hi,
in attachment is some submission which detected player if he take out his gun from back to hand.
This submission is helpfull for spy, civilian, captive etc. situation.

I use 4+1 triggers and scrip "dis.sqs".

Plz testing this if possible.
Regards

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Gun in hand - detector
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2007, 17:33:23 »
may you describe here how do you detect when the player has a weapon in hand? as current dis.sqs does nothing related to weapons.

Offline kadryl

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2007, 17:39:41 »
Yep.
I have used 4 small triggers closly player to control his moving body (speed player < 2) and 1 trigger to go away this 4 triggers if player is runing.

« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2007, 17:41:28 by kadryl »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2007, 17:56:46 »
I see no relation with "in attachment is some submission which detected player if he take out his gun from back to hand".

Offline kadryl

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2007, 16:08:12 »
My English  is not so brilliant but I try to explain.
.... does nothing related to weapons

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2007, 16:48:13 »
So you have the theory that when a player takes out his weapon, his speed increases even if the player doesnt move it?

a) A soldier with gun in hand occupies the very same area as with gun in back, the position of the soldier is what counts for triggers, not how fat the soldier is. The the position is within trigger's area, the trigger activates.

So far, this thread seems more a general editing question or topic than a resource.

Offline kadryl

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2007, 17:20:08 »
Why you didnt check this mission ?
You say: 
So you have the theory ....
but I put exemple you didnt.
It is unpleasant for me.

A soldier with gun in hand occupies the very same area as with gun in back, the position of the soldier is what counts for triggers, not how fat the soldier is....
this is false becouse solder with "gun in hand" move his hand to front.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2007, 17:53:08 »
You are right, I haven't neither the knowledge nor the practise to discusse about what you try to do or what you have alredy done  :dunno: But more than problably it is an outstanding resource that might have great acceptance by the community  :scratch: Of course, as long as you are able to convince me that this is even something to be considered a resource for this board, mostly because in my tests it failed always except when you are stopped: I got shot when putting back the weapon after killing some soldiers, or when using binocs (stopped too), I'm free to take out the gun all the time walking backwards, or just walking, I'm also able to take out the gun pressin Z twice to get crouched. Based on your theory about "sizes", if player lay down it occupies more space trigger-wise, right? Something fails, because I'm free to lay down with the weapon in hand.

Offline kadryl

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 23 Sep 2007, 22:42:52 »
Think you for your attention to this problem.
So this is reson I put mission here not other topic because I looking for way to make this submission better, more usefull.
I see I need make more corrects for triggers distance, init.sqs and speed condition.  :whistle:

Offline kadryl

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2007, 22:19:47 »
After a few days I found better solution.
This solution based on the player speed of take pistol up from back.
Importent: no rifle here - I coudnt found the speeds of take rifle up.

If you put in triggers condition:
Code: [Select]
((speed player > 0.7) and (speed player < 1.9)) or (speed player > 18)so trigger is activited if man take pistol up only or run with this.
I didnt found problem if used: binocs, walking backwards, walking, take out the gun pressin Z twice to get crouched etc.

For player whose get in car I modify code:
Code: [Select]
((speed player > .7) and (speed player < 1.18)) or ((speed player > 1.19) and (speed player < 1.9)) or (speed player > 18)
This analize I done on OFP 1.96 (Res) version, no mod and no add addons.
regards

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 25 Sep 2007, 22:43:30 »
With the weapon in back, tap few times E key briefly and you will be discovered.