Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Progress Update from The WW2 Addon Team?  (Read 5852 times)

Soldier8Boy

Progress Update from The WW2 Addon Team?
« on: 26 Oct 2002, 19:29:23 »
Could we get a progress update as to where you guys are, please? Last heard, you were progressing quickly on some Japanese units and an oxygen pack for the German's and American's. We haven't had screenies or information for quite sometime. Perhaps you could use this thread to start updating us once again like back in the day?

Thanks

Marss911

Re:Progress Update from The WW2 Addon Team?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2002, 23:13:59 »
Well.
I really dont know how its going.
But i gues its not going good as i speak now.

I leaved the team for Invasion 1944.
But maybe the other people of The WWII team will update agen!

Lets hope for the best.

Marcel

Black Magic

« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2002, 09:04:20 »
::) Mars left the WWII Team? Wha? No way! Oh man. The one guy who kept on feeding us with WWII addons on a regular basis is gone. Unless of course you're not going to stick to Inv1944's way of holding back addons for ages. Fill us in please!

Spliff air

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2002, 18:20:39 »
i knew it on the 1nv44 site i saw the team names and marcell was on it nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Marss911

« Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2002, 11:01:34 »
Please guy's.
But this is not the end of WWII stuff!
Really think about it like this:
In 2 maybe 3 months (christmas) there will be a demo
of the best WWII stuff you ever saw!

So please.......

Marcel

Spliff air

« Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2002, 14:23:25 »
nicely countered marcell now im all happy

C598

Rant
« Reply #6 on: 02 Nov 2002, 16:20:53 »
<Start Rant>

In 2 maybe 3 months

And I spent the last 2 maybe 3 months waiting for a working C47 only to wait for another 2 maybe 3 months?!!

And what happened to the covered M34s that were supposed to be released a month ago?!

Not to mention the mission that was about 98% complete!

a demo

And i'm not waiting a week(or 2) to download a 300MB file on my crap 56k just to get two(random #) addons!!

<End Rant>

« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2002, 16:24:10 by Commander 598 »

pertti49

« Reply #7 on: 02 Nov 2002, 17:03:37 »
WW2 team is dead so ill leave the band too,have had too talk with the invasion44 team joining them
greetings:pertti49

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #8 on: 03 Nov 2002, 00:33:42 »
Well, look at that... the team breaks apart and their talented people go to Invasion 1944 to hold everything back and make us wait.

Seems to me that you kinda turned your back on the WW2 Team. I, for one, am not to sympathetic to the way Inv1944 works and will be ending work on my WW2 Holland map and moving elsewhere. I'll maybe start concentrating on Nam era things because things in the WW2 area are just changing for the worst.

A while back, I was informed by reliable source inside the WW2 Team that INV 1944 was headhunting their members. Is this a result of it?

Unless I44 actually starts releasing things, then I am completely placing my interest elsewhere. I've put a lot of time into my island and for nothing.

I won't wait a few months for I44, even if you say it is the best. To think that just before you claimed the best was from the WW2 Team. Honestly, I would think you took a traitor's coat Marss. Sorry, but that's my feelings. I never liked the attitude of I44 and now you've taken off to join them.

Kekkonen

« Reply #9 on: 03 Nov 2002, 01:48:43 »
Oh, come on, it's just a computer game anyway boy... And I sure am glad that marcel joined us, the I'44. We have been hearing so much accusations in the course of releasing even the demo that I wonder how we have been able to keep our members with us  :)

Since you soldier8boy don't like our job be it that then but PLEASE don't accuse us publicly all the time... You may make us seem stupid for a bunch of other people that would otherwise been interested in I'44.

Best Regards  :D

C598

« Reply #10 on: 03 Nov 2002, 02:41:55 »
Well, look at that... the team breaks apart and their talented people go to Invasion 1944 to hold everything back and make us wait.

Seems to me that you kinda turned your back on the WW2 Team. I, for one, am not to sympathetic to the way Inv1944 works and will be ending work on my WW2 Holland map and moving elsewhere. I'll maybe start concentrating on Nam era things because things in the WW2 area are just changing for the worst.

A while back, I was informed by reliable source inside the WW2 Team that INV 1944 was headhunting their members. Is this a result of it?

Unless I44 actually starts releasing things, then I am completely placing my interest elsewhere. I've put a lot of time into my island and for nothing.

I won't wait a few months for I44, even if you say it is the best. To think that just before you claimed the best was from the WW2 Team. Honestly, I would think you took a traitor's coat Marss. Sorry, but that's my feelings. I never liked the attitude of I44 and now you've taken off to join them.

I have to agree with most of what was said.
Don't quit the WW2 island, theres still a hungry community out here and were apparantly gonna starve...

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #11 on: 03 Nov 2002, 02:49:20 »
"PLEASE don't accuse us publicly all the time... "

Get your story straight please, that's the first time.

Spliff air

« Reply #12 on: 03 Nov 2002, 13:01:40 »
Time Out !

Marss911

« Reply #13 on: 03 Nov 2002, 14:06:58 »
Well soldier8boy.
2 make one thing clear!
I'm not turent my back @ the WWII team.

Most of the people wheren't online for some time.
And the only one that was releasing stuff was me!
But really a team whit one member that doing stuff is stupit work.

And now i'm invasion 1944, my work will be 100 times better because i dont have 10 jobs 2 do in one time.
I can depand on one thing, and when thats done i can start another thing.
you know......

But please dont see me as a trator.
I'm really not!

greetings Marcel
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2002, 14:08:02 by Marss911 »

FOLGORE

« Reply #14 on: 03 Nov 2002, 14:53:24 »
I am with you Marss go for it!! I agree with you. I said what you wrote above some weeks ago.
a team that works on the shoulder of only a man is not a real team.
I hope only that lawrie will finish his textures and gavin will finish his tank..pheraps the 3d model of the japanese tanks and soldiers is yours Marcel...it doesn't wonder me if yes.

greetings and make a good work with Invasion team

littlle advice : I don't like the textures on the arms of the U.s.
82 airborne too stretched tell them to make it better :)

Marss911

« Reply #15 on: 03 Nov 2002, 15:07:51 »
Tnx folgore!
Well that models wherent mine.
As i can remeber lawrie made them.
But cant say for 100 % that he did.

Ill tell it 2 them ;)

Marcel

erfworm

« Reply #16 on: 03 Nov 2002, 16:48:37 »
Yeah Marc good decision I see why you switched and it wasnt bad. I44 is gonna have a lot of features when released like the whole portable MG42. You have fun and dont let modeling take up all of your time. lol Oh yeah I agree with Foglore the textures are too stretched. Lata

C598

« Reply #17 on: 03 Nov 2002, 21:39:17 »
when released

I shouldn't have to add anything to that.

Offline Garritos

• Members
  • life is like a box of donuts...
« Reply #18 on: 05 Nov 2002, 04:09:51 »
I support marcel 100%  the WW2 team was filled with some ppl that alot of the community didnt see eye to eye with.  it seemed that marcel was the only active member besides Capt. Ryan whom perfered to bite eveyones heads off on thier pop up filled forums.   :-*  I only hope marcel will continue to release side projects to the community or atleast help I44 see the benefit of releasing more "teaser" units.  

much of the community has a bad taste in their mouths concerning I44 due to their "revolving door" staff and countless delays.  i think the best thing I44 could have done was accept marcel (one of the nicest guys around and one hell of a modler).  Now we can only hope that i44 can give us what the OFPWW2 community really needs-working, bugfree axis and allies troops so that ppl can make decent looking WW2 missions.  we still dont have these and the game has been out for over a year.  

i think you guys should listen to some of the concerns  of the ppl posting on this forum, to them this looks like the end of new WW2 units coming out and it will really hurt WW2 OFP fans.  if it wasnt for promising new guys like vibes then i might share that view.  just a word of advise, keep the add-ons coming before the release to keep interest high in your product.   8)
Lead Mission Designer
1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands
http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

C598

« Reply #19 on: 05 Nov 2002, 04:33:36 »
i think you guys should listen to some of the concerns  of the ppl posting on this forum, to them this looks like the end of new WW2 units coming out and it will really hurt WW2 OFP fans.  if it wasnt for promising new guys like vibes then i might share that view.  just a word of advise, keep the add-ons coming before the release to keep interest high in your product.

Thats exactly what i'm saying. Or trying to say...

pertti49

« Reply #20 on: 05 Nov 2002, 15:40:48 »
I whoudnt say that i wasnt a active member, i believe that i have keep u guys updated a progress of my Normandy map in wrp section?
and as u know the map making is very time taking job so i dont have any ready works but that doesent mean that i havent done nothing believe me i have made for now on 250 hours.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #21 on: 05 Nov 2002, 16:07:47 »
Whatever happened to Lawrie? I've heard some pretty rough rumours. Would some update me, please? Last I heard was that he was really sick, and then lately someone told me that he heard Lawrie passed away.

I /really/ need an update by someone in the know, please.

Marss911

« Reply #22 on: 05 Nov 2002, 22:17:35 »
Well for lawrie.

I really dont know.
I heared also that he was sick. And then i mean really sick
Not saw him for 2 months now.
But if its really so that he past away..... I lost a great peace of my hart then....

Lets hope its not so.

Well ass for the Demo stuff of Invasion 1944 looks really great now. For what i saw then

Marcel....

viper172

« Reply #23 on: 05 Nov 2002, 22:28:11 »
like marcel said let's hope that lawrie is doing well all my thoughts go with him and my prayers too

FOLGORE

« Reply #24 on: 05 Nov 2002, 22:41:30 »
I remember when he wrote on the forum yeah!! WOW!! Great Stuff!!!
I  hope to see that words coming again in front of my eyes.
Our thoughts goes to him...wherever Lawrie is.
I am sorry if sometime I crticized his works.
I love his stlye in making textures ...only one made those germans so great looking.
I hope that someone release all the Us and Germans Packs using his textures and  new 3d models to Gloryifying that great addon maker in his honour
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2002, 22:44:54 by FOLGORE »

Marss911

« Reply #25 on: 05 Nov 2002, 22:58:54 »
Well if its really so.
Ill be the one who will do it.

Ill fixe all the errors in the soldiers.
But if not....

Please Lawrie answer me..  :-[
I really cant life whit this black hole in my life.

Lets hope someone can answer our quastion

Marcel..

FOLGORE

« Reply #26 on: 05 Nov 2002, 23:58:52 »
I hope too.
Answer Lawrie.
We are all with you friend.

CobraSquad

« Reply #27 on: 06 Nov 2002, 23:43:43 »
achtung! achtung!
world war 2 team pleasezz realse the beta addons so we can play with em because i really need a decent c-47 and german halftruck come on u guyz r dead rite so go down in style thanx

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #28 on: 07 Nov 2002, 05:18:00 »
I don't think that was an appropiate post, the one about dying and going out with style at least?

We're trying to find out if he died from the sickness he had and all you can ask is for them to give beta's because he might be dead anyways?

I may have just read the wrong way, but if I didn't then I got a few words for you.

Show Some Bloody Respect!

Marss911

« Reply #29 on: 07 Nov 2002, 10:46:47 »
Indeed Soldier8boy!

But 2 let this put 2 a end.
We cant release beta's now. And trying our best 2 make it good. As for Lawrie what happend 2 him, no one know that.
I tryed my best to find something but....
If I know more ill put it right up on my page.

Marcel....

CobraSquad

« Reply #30 on: 07 Nov 2002, 18:19:46 »
ok i never ment it like that i din't know lawrie waz dying :'(

Marss911

« Reply #31 on: 07 Nov 2002, 22:17:54 »
Np Cobra.
I know why you really cant wait for the WWII stuff
But good stuff need time.

Marcel....

Frosty Slamander

« Reply #32 on: 08 Nov 2002, 10:51:58 »
I hope this one guy gets in the I44 team for the mission making. I beta test for him :) :) d:)
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2002, 10:52:46 by Frosty Salamander »

pertti49

« Reply #33 on: 08 Nov 2002, 14:31:57 »
Seems that invasion44 mod dont whant my services besauce i havent reseved answer from the team for joining them, so i can say one thing, u guys should prepare a very long period waiting for full mod besauce they havent eaven started the map and i have Normandy map ready something like december. If u have following my progress in wrp section and as u know map making takes time a lot, so maybe after 3 months they will be ready.So if there is other mods, that are intrested to get me in the team, i am all ears ;)ill also doing Wake island and North-Africa too.

sussmori

« Reply #34 on: 09 Nov 2002, 12:18:18 »
Pertii contact me at sussmori@yahoo.com. I think you misunderstood my reply last time.

Frosty

« Reply #35 on: 09 Nov 2002, 14:44:21 »
So the new OFP WW2 Engineer Corps page is going to be dedicated to Lawrie? Poor Lawrie, man. I really hope he gets better if he hasn't already, you know, passed away.
That's so sad, such a nice person.

Skorzeny

« Reply #36 on: 10 Nov 2002, 02:01:31 »
Compare the quality of I44 to WW2 team.  No contest.  I can and will gladly wait Marss!
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2002, 02:04:02 by Skorzeny »

Eviscerator

« Reply #37 on: 10 Nov 2002, 02:15:19 »
how can you compare it? the only addon from I44 is the BAR and kubelwagon, not really much to compare...
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2002, 02:18:55 by Eviscerator »

Frosty

« Reply #38 on: 10 Nov 2002, 02:34:16 »
Yeah, but I think hes comparing with the pics though. Damn they are tasty screenies, although I would reckon you should expand on just paras

Skaven

« Reply #39 on: 10 Nov 2002, 11:44:47 »
Guys please, don't make this thread the "Daily Post" or "The Mirror" newpapers please  ;D
At least try and gives some interesting news, so far all I've seen is this one is beeter that that one, Marss is going to that team, Pertti49 is also going to that team...  ;D
As for Lawrie I think we all miss him, despite his strange way of anouncing his work, that I think we all loved and a laughed a lot, he was indeed a very nice person, but please let's not speculate on what could have happen, and let's pray that nothing happened to him.  :-\

The name of this thread is "Progress Update from The WW2 Addon Team", guys please show us some Progress of your work that we all love so much, not bad news and speculation  :-\
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2002, 11:46:10 by Skaven »

Marss911

« Reply #40 on: 10 Nov 2002, 16:20:57 »
Well indeed Skaven,
But as i gues the team is no more.
FatJoe     left.
Capt Ryan still on the team
Aki          left
Marcel     left
Blitz        Still on the team
Lawrie     .....
Darkmor   Dont know

There still some persons on the team
But 2 people on the team. Mmmm
dont know if they will put stuff up.

Well over and out.
                  Marcel

Blitzkreg

« Reply #41 on: 11 Nov 2002, 07:54:13 »
WWII team is dead...
Lawrie is d..... well i dont know.......
I'44 is alive and kicking
and well.....

I WANT STUKA LALALALALALLAALALLAALALLALALALALA

PLEASE STUKA PLEASE!! 8) 8) :P :P :o

__________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______

My Thoughts and Prayers go to lawrie im pulling for him please lawrie dont die or ill cry wahhhhhhhhh......

/--------\
                      |  R.I.P    |
                      | Lawrie   |
                      |  1967-   |
______________| 2002     |_________________________

« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2002, 07:58:37 by Blitzkreg »