Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sniper Bunkers v1.0 (setPos creations!)  (Read 5298 times)

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
Re: Sniper Bunkers v1.0 (setPos creations!)
« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2007, 21:20:39 »
I think the AAA174 problem could be to do with the Editor addon. Even though 103 is backwards compatible (I used 102 for this), it might only be backwards compatible with Resistance (hence the errors for v1.46).

Planck, should I just remove the bush from mission.sqm? In fact, should I remove all the bushes from my resource so overall mappers can see the bunkers better? schuler suggested this, and I was wondering if you do too.

Chris :)
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2007, 22:54:46 »
Well, you can if you want, but I suspect it will just move on to the next AAA number and throw another error.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 21 Sep 2007, 01:47:35 »
No more problem with the missing addon...  :)
It was the Editor Upgrade 102 which i forgot to load. If you have it, no error message appears!

Here is my test:

1. against AI:

I wrote a script that shows me the "knowsabout" - value of 3 different enemy-groups with different distances and waypoints, one of them searching for me...

Well, if you hit an enemy, the "knowsabout" - value of that group raises up to 1.5. It made no difference, if i used a sniper bunker or not. I think, with distance combat you don´t have a benefit from the bunkers.

Then the group with a search and destroy waypoint above my position:
Surprise! They had a much harder time to find me. I managed to kill some near enemy (with M21 sniper rifle), got some high "knowsabout" -value, stayed in cover, and they didn´t find me. It was better than hiding in normal bushes (and they were running some meters near my position). I cannot say, if this effect comes from the bushes or the bunker buildings. But i would say it is an effective hiding place, when AI is searching for you.

The bunkers with the M2-machinegun brings you absolutly no additional cover (when mounted as gunner).

2. against human opponent:

I only guess how it will be... with all that bushes you have nearly no chance to spot the player itself. Maybe you can spot the bunker and fire shells and grenades against it. I would use all that bushes in every case, they fit very good to Everon and make it much harder to spot the bunker. And, very important is, they are looking much better with them. I think you have to build sniper bunkers for every OFP island, and use the local flora to hide them...  :D

Then i flew above the bunkers with a chopper... Some of them were coverd very good and hard to spot, others i could see from air very easy. Maybe you can improve the cover on the roofs a bit. All bunkers were shown in my chopper radar as white dots.

Although i am not a fan of snipers, if you are building a mission with an important sniper role... these bunkers will be a good addition to it.
 :good:

« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2007, 01:55:01 by dr. seltsam »

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #18 on: 21 Sep 2007, 20:19:03 »
Thanks for the big test mate! :good:

Why won't this work with Editor103? Didn't it say "backwards compatible"?

When I was flying low in a helo, I could easily see the bunkers (mostly in the day). They're not really bunkers to put into the middle of Everon where there's no foliage whatsoever other than the bunker. It's best being put with other foliage that are already on Everon. ;)

And you don't also have to play with the bunkers just like how they are - feel free to edit them if you wish. I'm giving everyone full control! :D

I don't think there's any "greenish" wall pieces so you'll have to stick with brown. And remember, night time is the best time to use these bunkers - those Russians won't know what hit them. ;)

dr. seltsam, I'm gonna be developing the v1.1 beta for this - you mind testing it when it comes out? Thanks a lot man. :)

Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #19 on: 21 Sep 2007, 22:03:26 »
Okay, I removed the foliage and set the damages to 0.99. I need you guys to tell me if the walls will automatically already be on the ground (Resistance only please).

When I removed the bushes, the bunkers were really ugly. You could see minor errors, etc. all over the place that I really struggled to fix. So I used bushes just for a cover-up.

I'd like to start the bunkers off with foliage though. In my full v1.1, I was thinking of having a Resistance version and a plain OFP v1.46 version (Resistance one has 0.99 setDammage, and v1.46 has 1 setDammage).

Thanks guys.

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #20 on: 29 Sep 2007, 04:04:14 »
Anyone?

Sorry for the double-post - I did it because it'll more likely grab someone's attention. Sorry if I sound demanding or anything. :dunno:

So will anyone try out the v1.1 beta? And will it make it to the Depot?

Thanks all.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #21 on: 29 Sep 2007, 14:42:15 »
Chris , will u look at the posts u have up and  reply to them !!!!!!!,,, instead of making more :clap: this is not working, look at your posts, mate ,,, please  :) do not post over and over again, u r being bad,,,, i'll tell your mum! or i"ll tell my mum on you ,,,,,, ;)
Semper Fi