Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Gauntlet  (Read 5391 times)

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
Re: Gauntlet (Review Please)
« Reply #15 on: 07 Aug 2007, 05:36:27 »
Ya go ahead, i put the "Review Please" in there.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
Re: Gauntlet (Review Please)
« Reply #16 on: 07 Aug 2007, 05:41:54 »
Alright mate! Thanks! I'll take a look at it for a review then!
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Gauntlet (Review In Progress)
« Reply #17 on: 16 Aug 2007, 15:55:53 »
The Gauntlet
By Blacknite
Beta Tested by schuler

Package- No instructions on where to place Pbo file , think about newbies.

Overview- Simple pic. Good enough. Lets you know that it is for fun mission!

Intro - None

Briefing- To the point, No weapon selection, and you don’t need one. Ammo crates are in the mission. Defend a fort in the middle of a desert.

Mission- Blacknite made this mission quickly and coldly just knowing we would all die.
I think for his own pleasure! I played the mission 9 times or so.
  Well put emplacements. Although ammo crates are a prob, as explained later. Action comes very fast, not much time to see your surroundings. Does not matter anyway you will die!

Outro- No need for one.

Overall- Blacknite, use your 20mins in some other matter.  No bone chilling events. Just over whelmed by U.S. cowboys to take us out. I didn’t have a chance on how I died as the author say I would. I even surrendered and got killed, not like American soldiers to do that?!?! “Depending on what you did as a Russian.”  I should have got a feed and a cigarette! Or sat in “G” for 5 years before a trial. But Hey Mother Russia! I died for my mum!!! Defend a fort in the middle of a desert. Why, I don’t know. But I did it.
  The use of Jam was good, those whom don’t like it have never fired a real weapon. There’s a good point to make, for players,,,, try Jam and targeting, you will see a different concept to fire. It is more real!
  One thing bad about the fort is the ammo crates, choosing and weapon and comes up when all you want to do is change your weapon , not add one!,, that’s the only flaw I seen, crates are too close by.
  My thoughts : good mission to play simply because retry is quick and your back at looking at taking out as many yanks as you can. Have fun doing so!!!!!
   Blacknite, thanks for the mission, i just need to ad that for those downloading this. there is much more to the Blacknite, 
and i Perhaps I can just spread it out a bit more, maybe add a tower in the middle?
i think that would have been great ,,, thats where id like to die,,,
cheers schuler ;)

Project Beta Approved
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2007, 16:12:40 by Tyger »
Semper Fi

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
Re: Gauntlet (Review In Progress)
« Reply #18 on: 17 Aug 2007, 00:54:52 »
Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available, with required addons, from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2009, 01:02:43 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08