Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed) [SP] Operation Dawning Hope v.1.0 RC out!  (Read 11848 times)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: [SP] Operation Dawning Hope (BETA) -Version 0.32 out!-
« Reply #45 on: 02 Feb 2008, 16:29:39 »
:D I think so too. And I figured out that the Cobra wasn't working properly - now it does, even though it still sometimes randomly crashes on its way out, so... :dry: Still, that's ArmA AI, nothing I can do.

Also, the calling-artillery thing had a slight bug in it (apparently a "null target" returned by nearObjects will not be picked up by isNull or isNil, but I eventually managed to script around that. Might be a .sqs problem too?), but I was unable to replicate the "artillery-on-head" bug or the _this select error - might be some third-party addon you've got that messes with the LDs? Likewise I was unable to replicate the _this select error upon player death...once again, might've been an external script/some other oddity I hadn't thought of.

As to the "stripped-down" SCS: I too mostly use it to just add WPs and move the other squads around quickly, but then again I think it works just perfectly for that - if someone WANTS to make it more complicated with behaviours and timeouts and stuff, they're welcome to, but they don't have to. :) Better to have a working system with a lot of features, than just a working system, right? I was actually planning on adding some "go-codes" à la Rainbow 6: basically just another way of synchronizing waypoints to allow for an attack en-masse. Currently that works via the extra radio option (which isn't really a part of the SCS core system).

But yes: I think this one is about done. I'll get up a version...well...I suppose it has to be v.1.0... :D for review soonish.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Operation Dawning Hope v.1.0 RC out! (please review)
« Reply #46 on: 18 Feb 2008, 16:22:23 »
Almost ready for review, or did something get in the way?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
Re: [SP] Operation Dawning Hope v.1.0 RC out! (please review)
« Reply #47 on: 18 Feb 2008, 16:38:20 »
Ready for review! The last post was made pre-v.1.0 RC, but I didn't edit it afterwards (and double posting is BAD).

Wolfrug out.

Offline bert

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Operation Dawning Hope v.1.0 RC out! (under review)
« Reply #48 on: 01 Mar 2008, 13:13:52 »
I'll have a go at reviewing this one.

bert

Offline bert

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Operation Dawning Hope v.1.0 RC out! (Review in Progress)
« Reply #49 on: 04 Mar 2008, 00:32:57 »
Review complete

Feel free to start the after-review discussion.

bert
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:28:21 by Cheetah »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
Re: (Review complete) [SP] Operation Dawning Hope v.1.0 RC out!
« Reply #50 on: 04 Mar 2008, 08:22:35 »
Woot!  :D Thanks a ton for the review. Sorry about the script bugs - I think they sometimes show up depending on what addons you use (for instance laserdesignator-replacement addons like NWD's seem to cause some kind of error message, but without affecting the actual mission). But yay. First mission of mine ever uploaded to OFPEC! Thanks again.

If I get a whole lot of bug reports and such in the future, I might update this again. Also if I update my SCS (which I'm prone to do at some point in the future), I'll probably update this mission as well with the latest version. But yes...

Wolfrug out.