Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to disable XAM MOD??  (Read 1647 times)

Offline shameless

• Members
How to disable XAM MOD??
« on: 14 Aug 2007, 02:10:37 »
Hi guys,

I am really getting annoyed with this XAM MOD. I think they have done a great job, but on my public server thats a different story!

I don't have XAM or any other addons installed on my public server. But with respawn missions, XAM causes the biggest problems... Once people die then respawn everyone gets the error message (bla bla bla config claymore) well something along those lines lol...

Once this error comes up, everyones game starts to CTD and its really p'ing me off!  :blink:

If i make it so everyone has the same mod as the server, does that mean they wont be able to connect if they use XAM? also does it mean they wont be able to connect if they use any other mod apart from XAM? (sound modifications)

Ive never had this problem with the server. Only since the release of XAM.

So once again... Is there anyway of stopping players connect to my server if they have XAM enabled?

cheers!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: How to disable XAM MOD??
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2007, 16:36:28 »
I know nothing of server settings, so I do not know if there is a simple answer there.

You have two possible solutions:
1)Simple-  Change your server connection message to say XAM users will be banned and then go over your server log daily and ban those who connected with XAM.
2)Complicated- DSTS http://forums.livecar.net/index.php?act=idx
urp!

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2007, 16:38:13 »
The only way to stop it is just to tell them to not to use it (You can see if they are using it when they join, a "modified file" message) and kick them off the server. This won't happen in unit replacement or sound mods, only in mods which modifies the main game config.

Edit: Hmm.. Mr.Peanut beat me to it. :P

Offline shameless

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2007, 23:59:49 »
Thanks guys  :)

I have put this topic in a couple other forums and most are saying the same... Create a message that tells players XAM mod is not permitted on the server.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2007, 05:43:58 »
It seems quite a few servers are having problems with this mod...something about the full auto M16 crashing servers too.

Oh well....we are all beta testers anyway.  :yes:

edit:

Rellikki said;

The only way to stop it is just to tell them to not to use it (You can see if they are using it when they join, a "modified file" message) and kick them off the server. This won't happen in unit replacement or sound mods, only in mods which modifies the main game config.

Sound Mods show up when I see people connect on the server I play on, FWIW. Also, couldn't people just rename it to, say the "OMG, Ponies!" mod  :P and disguise it???

The dedi server should have options to exclude stuff, IMO. But I don't know if that is possible............
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2007, 08:07:33 by Nixer6 »
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2007, 16:55:35 »
You can disable mods completly, but not individually unless you do it manually with the above meathods.

Disabling all mods means no custom addons what so ever, including soundpacks etc..