Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: vehicle respawn  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Relentless

• Members
vehicle respawn
« on: 03 Aug 2007, 14:49:37 »
Ok i am a little confused about a few points on vehicle respawn, i have set up markers in both respawn areas both named,  "respawn_vehicle_west"
             "respawn_vehicle_east" ,
i have used this command , "car respawnVehicle [30];" but i am getting no joy.
So i am a little confused where to put this line of text, do i put it in the description box on the unit in the editor or do i add the text to description ext?
Also do i have to add this command for every vehicle on the map or does one size fit all.
Thanks in advance :)

SyB

Re: vehicle respawn
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2007, 17:15:57 »
you still having a problem with this?

Offline Relentless

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2007, 21:13:35 »
Hi yeah mate i have been offline for a week cos my 1950 died, but now im back and i still cant get the buggers to respawn, and this is the only thing stopping my first map going on beta release  ??? Any help would be cool,  :)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2007, 17:00:23 »
Put in the init field for each vehicle you want to respawn:
Code: [Select]
this respawnVehicle [x,y]where x is the delay in seconds(set to -1 for default value from description.ext) and y is the number of allowable respawns(set to 0 for infinite).
urp!

Offline Relentless

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2007, 14:21:16 »
Thanks mate going to try this now  :)

Dammit still wont respawn, what the hell am i doing wrong here  ???

The insertion the ''this respawnVehicle [-1,30]'' in every vehicles init field as suggested does not require any text modifications to say the ext file, does it?
Im just trying to find out why the simplest of instructions does not want to work so im figuring it is something i may have done that may be causing a conflict somewhere, but at the moment im buggered if i know. Thanks for the help mate anyway.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2007, 12:04:10 by Relentless »

SyB

« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2007, 16:26:22 »
Have you read the respawnVehicle article on the biki?

And here's a BIS forum thread on it's use I made a while back... Another Vehicle Respawn

basically, there are 2 methods of vehicle respawn.

1. Use the built-in 'respawnVehicle' command and
2. use the 'createVehicle' command

it's just my opinion but i like the 'respawnVehicle' usage... the problem with both methods is that it requires extra scripting for it to 'look good' - that is you want the vehicle to respawn in the same place pointing in the same direction etc.

to get basic respawn working with the 'respawnVehicle' command it's as Mr. Peanut said, just put the command 'this respawnVehicle [300,5];' in the init line.
Also, you need base respawn set (preferable to instant) in the 'description.ext' file and you need a marker at your various bases for the given side as per the biki...

have a look at the coding in this example mission if you want more complicated 'respawnVehicle'... note:- This ftp link is not available 24/7...

cheers, Synide
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2007, 16:31:13 by Sy »

Offline Relentless

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2007, 12:33:24 »
Cheers Sy, great help that sorted me right out bud  :)