Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A full review of Armed Assault by OFPEC ?  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
A full review of Armed Assault by OFPEC ?
« on: 23 Jul 2007, 18:41:22 »
Hi people.

I've had this idea in the back of my head for a while and today I realized where the people are who could pull this idea off.

Idea is a very simple one, but could gain a lot of publicity and glory if executed right.

There is basically three sections in this idea which could be done either as a whole package covering the whole game, or as separate, stand-alone articles of your chosen areas:

1) Write a review of the game Armed Assault. This would not be about the missions themselfs but about everything else affecting the experience of playing.
2) Write a review of the official campaign(s) in Armed Assault.
3) Write a review of each of the official single player (+multiplayer?) missions in Armed Assault.

For sure it must be a lot of work to do to review all of the missions in Armed Assault and write nice, clean articles in well-constructed English. I know I am lacking firstly the motivation to do this by myself, and secondly good-enough hardware (my computer is clearly under the minimum requirements stated by BIS) to do this.

That being the case I am throwing the bone primarily to the OFPEC mission reviewers, and secondarily to anyone else who could do this. It would be interesting to see how you score the campaign(s) and missions of Armed Assault in comparison to the user-submitted missions available here at OFPEC The Editing Website.

A collaborative review board could work too, one person reviews missions 1-5, other person reviews 5-10 and so on, based on commonly agreed norms and maybe some kind of a common template for the review articles (start, middle section, end and so on...). A full review of a campaign would require you to make sure you review every possible mission that could possible be thrown at a player.

Thank You for considering.

Best Regards,
Baddo.

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
Re: A full review of Armed Assault by OFPEC ?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2007, 19:06:48 »
I really liked the idea :good:

The "logistics" would be great as you stated, fluid and simple.

Maybe with everyone's effort at OFPEC this can be achieved ;)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2007, 23:45:09 »
The idea sounds good, I too would like to see how the BIS missions would score. Never played many singleplayer missions, played the campaign however and only a few MP ones.

So I guess focussing on the campaign and SP missions would be the way to go. This can be achieved in the future once we get the MD in full action, with say two people doing the campaign and two others doing the missions it is possible but will still be a lot of work.

I'm not sure about the game itself, think that it would have to be a joint review by all staff from the different depots.

Anyway, good idea! We'll definitely discuss the idea.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2007, 19:43:40 »
nice  idea  will give the player  downloading  user missions  a benchmark  to compare against
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2007, 19:48:16 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match