Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: M4 SPR  (Read 19087 times)

Grendel

Re:M4 SPR
« Reply #150 on: 04 Dec 2003, 20:29:58 »
Hey there, nice work so far!

I downloaded your V1.1 SPR and played with it some...

Some Constructive Suggestions:

The model looks pretty good so far, the textures could be a little higher res (they look like OFP 1.0 textures, but you are already working on this I guess) but overall, it looks very nice.  The Bipod could use a little more detail.  

The accuracy needs to be tighter;  I can shoot better groups with a stock M-4 with Iron sights ( In the real world and in OFP).  The rounds also tend to drift way to the right of the crosshair.

The recoil is about right in terms of impulse, but it seems like the timing is kind of off somehow.  

I like the pics of the green camo version, when can I download a copy?

Definitely include versions with both types of stocks and with suppressors.  As far as a "combat SF version"...To be perfectly honest, thats what the M4 SOPMOD is for.  Putting an ACOG on a SPR chassis is like puting a governor on a Ferrari to set it's max speed at 55 mph.

-Grendel
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2003, 21:03:33 by Grendel »

STGN

« Reply #151 on: 05 Dec 2003, 12:54:08 »
Hey there, nice work so far!

I downloaded your V1.1 SPR and played with it some...

Some Constructive Suggestions:

The model looks pretty good so far, the textures could be a little higher res (they look like OFP 1.0 textures, but you are already working on this I guess) but overall, it looks very nice.  The Bipod could use a little more detail.  

The accuracy needs to be tighter;  I can shoot better groups with a stock M-4 with Iron sights ( In the real world and in OFP).  The rounds also tend to drift way to the right of the crosshair.

The recoil is about right in terms of impulse, but it seems like the timing is kind of off somehow.  

I like the pics of the green camo version, when can I download a copy?

Definitely include versions with both types of stocks and with suppressors.  As far as a "combat SF version"...To be perfectly honest, thats what the M4 SOPMOD is for.  Putting an ACOG on a SPR chassis is like puting a governor on a Ferrari to set it's max speed at 55 mph.

-Grendel

Did you download the beta at my page? cause that the one whit green camo
And i intended the ACOG version for urban operation where you need the accuracy but not the zoom but I don't think I am gona put it in the addon now
thanks for your comment
STGN

Grendel

« Reply #152 on: 06 Dec 2003, 21:09:22 »
Hey again,

Yeah, I downloaded it monday from the Addons page on your website.  Is the link on the home page the one with the new green SPR?

One solution to have an urban capable SPR:  config the magnification on the scope to be variable from a lower minimum magnification than it is now.

BTW I'm really looking forward to adding this to my upcoming MOD if you don't mind.  You will definitely get credit.

-Grendel

STGN

« Reply #153 on: 05 Jan 2004, 16:02:26 »
Hey again,

Yeah, I downloaded it monday from the Addons page on your website.  Is the link on the home page the one with the new green SPR?

One solution to have an urban capable SPR:  config the magnification on the scope to be variable from a lower minimum magnification than it is now.

BTW I'm really looking forward to adding this to my upcoming MOD if you don't mind.  You will definitely get credit.

-Grendel

Here is the link:
http://www.freewebs.com/stgn-addonsworkshop/STGNSPRbeta.zip

If thats not the green SPR then I will have to go digg it up somewhere.

Ofcause you can use it in your mod.
STGN