Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Script (sqf) - DoFollowUnit (ACCEPTED)  (Read 9268 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Script (sqf) - DoFollowUnit (DELAYED)
« Reply #15 on: 28 Nov 2007, 03:22:08 »
Yep its ready.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 24 Mar 2008, 17:03:52 »
Hoz, a few weeks ago I tried to build a script with the purpose of creating an scenario where the player is the commander of lots of platoons. The idea was similar than yours, but my scripting skills are much worse...

One of the problems I found was that I had the intention of info-sharing between the leader and the followers, so, they could be much better in combat and the player-commander could call support (artillery, airstrikes etc..) without being in the action..... Can this be done easily in your script?

The other issue was, when the leader dies, the follower-group-leader becomes leader, and the new follower-group-leader follows the new leader. Is it possible here??

One more, this kind of script combined with a respawn one could create big battles... this could be done just joining new troops to the follower-group???

Thnx

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 25 Mar 2008, 03:54:49 »
I don't really plan on updating the script. But feel free to change it up and alter as you see fit.

It sounds like to me though you might want to try the group link script to achieve everything your asking here. my script was  created for a single purpose of rescuing a particular unit. It became more then that due to mandoble's suggestions but thats the intention of the script. I never considered mp so its likely you would have to tailor it for mp as well.
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: Script (sqf) - DoFollowUnit (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2008, 19:28:22 »
Hello Hoz and thanks for a great script.

Is this script MP functional?

Cheers

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2008, 19:58:35 »
DoFollowUnit in its current shape doesnt consider the locality of the follower and many of the commands used there have effects only if executed there where the follower is local. If you take care to execute this script there where the follower is local, then there should not be any problem with this script in a MP game.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2008, 22:17:53 »
Thank you Mandoble.

I don't feel secure enough to use it in MP. If I want an AI group unit (server locality) to follow a player I just don't know how to make this script work. I guess I could make the unit join the player to make it local, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the script. Could I run it only on the server after broadcasting the "leader" unit through publicVariable?

Cheers

Laggy
« Last Edit: 04 May 2008, 22:35:45 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #21 on: 04 May 2008, 22:53:06 »
If you are sure that AI group is server controled (no player or playable unit on it), then just make sure to execute the script only in the server.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #22 on: 04 May 2008, 22:57:33 »
Thanks alot you scripting GOD you.

Cheers

Laggy