Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HALO jump  (Read 1111 times)

Offline the corinthian

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
HALO jump
« on: 28 Jun 2007, 20:43:05 »
Hi

I used toadlifes realhalo script back in OFP and have tried importing it to Arma by changing the init.sqs and adding in the eject and realhalo.xsqs scripts but when I test this in the editor I get an error about a missing ; and an invalid type.

The real bonus of the script was the steerable parachute and manual chute opening.

Does anyone know if someone has got a working version or equivalent for Arma?

Thanks

UPDATE: I found the answer in the following thread:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=28712.0
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2007, 18:24:32 by the corinthian »

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Re: HALO jump
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2007, 14:31:56 »
be careful with the scripts I posted there corinthian.  For me they work great in sp, and also in mp if I host and have people connect...but...when we put it on our dedicated server it falls apart.  Some units get the action, some don't;some unit have the proper "stance" (parapilot, and facedown) and some don't.  I just cannot get the behavior on dedi's to work as expected.
on a related note:  I wish soldiers would automatically start to fall head down, as they did in ofp so they wouldn't need the setvelocity coding

Offline the corinthian

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: HALO jump
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2007, 13:18:29 »
Hi

Thanks for the headsup - I think this mission will prob initially be designed for small LAN / co-op play with a player hosting as opposed to a dedicated server. Its geared for 4-6 people so think this will work ok,