Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Final touches ...  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Kotp

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Final touches ...
« on: 23 May 2007, 16:27:38 »
Hi guys , have been patiently designing my 1st mission from Armed Assault for the past Week , think ive put in a good 60hrs now  :blink: has been extremely frustrating at times but seem to be just about there now which is a huge relief. Im a big believer in taking time when building missions so that the finished article works as it should , hence the hours of editing and testing.

Theres a couple of areas im a bit stuck on and would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

I have a Bullet Cam script that I downloaded which works as it should and looks very nice , however what I want is that when the Enemy soldier fires his Missle and it hits the Chopper its firing at I want a trigger to basicly detect if the Chopper is dammaged and call for a Script where I have some Custom Voices of the Soliders inside calling in a May Day Radio Transmission.

Ive got all the sounds i require but not entirely sure how to have a trigger detect if the chopper is dammaged  ???

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Final touches ...
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2007, 18:33:11 »
you may use the missileincoming event hander, quite similar to FIRED used by your bullet cam, but added to the chopper, not the firing unit. The assigned script may wait until one of two conditions are met: 1 - the chopper gains damage, 2 - since it was executed, 3 secs elapsed. If the former, put there the voice/camera code you want, if the second, the missile missed.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2007, 18:53:57 »
trigger On Activation
Code: [Select]
damage myHeli > x
Where x is between 0 and 1.
1==dead
« Last Edit: 23 May 2007, 18:55:34 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2007, 22:54:53 »
Problem is that he seems to want the action start only if the heli was damaged by a missile impact.

Offline Kotp

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2007, 15:49:11 »
Yup , but its ok guys ive managed to sort something out that works quite nicley. Ive made a simple script that basicly checks the damage of the Chopper and if its been hit by the missle soldier (who isnt always there as ive got him on 50% Condition of presence) then the Voices kick in. If the chopper hasnt been hit by the missle soldier then the Chopper isnt dammaged hence the mission continues without any voices kicking.

Just sommit different rather than playing the same thing over and over again. Big fan of this Condition of presence becuase it then makes your missions different each time you play them and its a more entertaining.

thanks for all the help guys , greatly appreciated.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2007, 19:20:30 »
Are you checking if the chopper is hit using an event handler? If so the "HIT" event handler only fires on the client of the vehicle hit. Just in case you haven't done this. In the eventhandler code put a global variable to true and publicVariable it. Then use that variable as an additional condition for your trigger.
urp!