Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Lost missions  (Read 1698 times)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
Lost missions
« on: 29 May 2007, 22:40:33 »
Hey gang, I was just wondering what (if anything) was going on regarding recovering the hundreds of missions that were hosted here in the pre-crash days. 

No offense to the other sites like ofp.info and opflash.org but they always sucked as far as hosting missions goes...if they're not here, they're tough to find.

What news?

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Re: Lost missions
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2007, 03:20:40 »
Hi Seal,

Thanks for you concern on this topic.

If you have not noticed, OFPEC now has a temporary Missions Depot here in the forums, this can be found here. This repository is used for all missions that have come out of BETA (ArmA & OFP) testing since the big crash, both for ArmA, OFP and Elite.

There are also missions in there that you mentioned above, missions that were hosted by OFPEC, along with their reviews, many moons ago. As far as recovery of these missions goes, trying to recover ALL of the missions of which OFPEC used to host, would be one very long and strenous task. So the Missions Depot saw fit, to only salvage missions that were rated of a particular score, this being 6 and ABOVE. Approximately 90% of all missions of this score, were recovered.

You are right, these missions were tough to find, very tough. But it was accomplished.

If you have a mission that you would like to see hosted (of which OFPEC has hosted in the past), then please get intouch with myself with the relevant details, and I will look into it.

Regards
Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2007, 06:37:11 »
I definitely noticed the temp depot but I'd have sworn that there were many more missions that got 6 or higher over nearly 6 years.  What happened to stuff like Alimag's Hill 107, or Asmo's City of the Dead, or Sui's Airborne and The Black Gap?  Or the holy grail of OFPEC editing, Un-Impossible?  I don't see them anywhere in the 5 pages that are currently posted.

Am I wrong on the number of missions rated 6 or better?  Just looks really sparse in here, is all. ???

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2007, 06:42:50 »
Seal,

Macguba's Un-Impossible mission can be dound here.

I failed to mention that only missions that were hosted before the big crash we recorded on the server. This is why we are missing some of the very old missions.

I'll try and see what i can dig up.

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2007, 08:00:22 »
Hmmm...Un-Impossible is in that forum section but doesn't show up within those 5 pages, that is until I looked in the stickied thread. Odd.  :P

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jun 2007, 15:47:17 »
Indeed, some missions are hard to find. This will change in the future once the submission system for missions will be finished.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!