Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helicopter Assault  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Jeff2121

• Members
Helicopter Assault
« on: 19 May 2007, 06:50:49 »
Hi, I know this must be one of those questions everyone has asked at least once, but I've tried searching and couldn't find a thing about it.

Heres my problem:

I'm trying to get a couple helicopters to land at a foward base where an assualt is about to begin, but I don't know how to get the tanks to move when you land, and my helicopters just stay up in the air. I'm still getting used to the Map Editor and don't know where to place, or how to use scripts. If someone would be kind enough to help me out, or if you need the map.

« Last Edit: 20 May 2007, 01:31:24 by Mr.Peanut »

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: Heli Assualt
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2007, 11:54:51 »
well i checked out your map and there wasnt much wrong. i attached the edited map.

all i did was change the "get out" waypoints to "unload" waypoints. for your tanks to move out theres two way you can do it. the way i did it was make a waypoint for each vehicle then syncronize all of them with your squads unload waypoint. i tested the map and i think it would be better to wait for them to unload and move to another waypoint then the tanks move out. when you look at your edited map you will see what i mean.

another way you could have the tanks move out is make a trigger and set the activation to whatever you want. either group it to the players squad so only the squad the player is in will activate it or set it to BLUEFOR to have anyone on the WEST side activates it. for type set it to switch...switch is for those waypoints that make the AI stop and wait like, guard, sentry, hold, etc, i dont think it will matter for a MOVE waypoint though but set it anyway ;) and dont forget to syncronize the trigger with all the waypoints you want the tanks to wait at until the trigger is activated.

Offline Jeff2121

• Members
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2007, 19:38:41 »
Thank you for the help, it works fine.  :)