Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Runway (mando_takeoff2.sqf, mando_land.sqf and mando_eject.sqf) (TESTING)  (Read 24130 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Non primary runways, tracks or roads are no more a limit for AI pilots (or human ones) :D

mando_takeof2.sqf v2.5 for ArmA 1.05 or above
Forces a plane to take off following indicated positions array before starting the final run and then takes it off. Runways are not needed as long as terrain is flat enough. Vertical and traditional takeoffs supported.

mando_land.sqf v1.3 for ArmA 1.05 or above
Forces a plane to land at the indicated position and then to follow any provided taxi positions. Runways are not needed as long as terrain is flat enough. Vertical and traditional landings supported. If the player is the pilot, ISL marks are added to the HUD to help him aproach the first two landing positions before switching on the automatic landing procedure.

mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf v1.1 for ArmA 1.05 or above
Ejects the crew of a plane simulating rocket ejection seats and giving an small boat to the pilot where the crew will join if they ejected over water.

EDIT:
mando_land.sqf updated to v1.1
mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.3
mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.0

- Landing and take off scripts have been vastly fine tuned to be accurate enough even with a x4 time acceleration.
- Planes in final landing aproach reach now a lower angle of attack to avoid damage when touching the ground.
- Taxiing planes agility has been increased to favour with more turn degrees per second those with slower machines or low frame rate, as they needed more time to perfom the turns when aligning with taxi positions.
- Harrier no longer obstruct the path of taxiing Flankers in the demo.

EDIT (May 28):
mando_land.sqf updated to v1.2
mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.4

- Landing is now much more accurate for vertical landings.
- Added internal variables to the planes while they are taking off or landing, so current takeoff or landing phase may be easily checked to synchronize multiple takeoffs and/or landings of several planes.
- Added ground avoidance to landing planes for final aproach phase, this prevents planes crashing with mountains when they need to land just at the other side of the mountain. For vertical landings, planes needs at least 800m of clear space between its aproaching heading and the landing point, 1500m for traditional landings.
- Included a new demo mission: verticality.
- Runway demo mission adjusted to new scripts versions.

EDIT (Jun 3):
mando_land.sqf updated to v1.3
mando_takeoff2.sqf updated to v2.5
mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf updated to v1.1

- Units ejecting over water get the zodiac once they are swimming and not while they are descending.
- Taking off planes now switch ON the lights automatically, even when driven by the player.
- Added a step by step tutorial for automatic take offs.
- Added a new demo/tutorial mission: mando_ils.Sara
- If the player is the plane's driver, ILS marks are projected in the HUD to help him aligning with the two first landing positions before switching on the automatic landing procedure.

ILS Marks:

• Center green: Good speed.
  • Center red: Slow down.
  • Up yellow: Raise nose.
  • Down yellow: Lower nose.
  • Right yellow: Yaw to the right.
  • Left yellow: Yaw to the left.
  • External marks in red: Dont move nose to that direction.

MP note
The scripts should be MP fully compatible as long as you execute them where the pilot of the plane is local.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2010, 14:03:27 by Mandoble »

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Re: Mando Take Off
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2007, 20:24:23 »
This is very helpful. You've found a solution to bypassing the game engine limitations once again :clap:

I thing I did notice was that when I told the harrier to take off (while the SU-34 was in the process of taking off) it had smoke pouring from it. I didn't see why as I was watching the SU-34, but I turned around and the harrier was on fire nearly. It then took a differnt direction to the small town on Rahmadi and took off there.

Apart from that, all very good. Nice to see some farmers are getting some airtime to :P

Offline D_P_

• Members
  • YAY! I'm a lama again! ...oh wait.
    • ArmaAddons
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2007, 00:14:29 »
Mandoble! Your scripts are so helpful man! Really - you've saved me so much leg work!
THANK YOU!

...if you ever in Seattle - I'll buy the drinks!  :good:
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2007, 00:41:05 »
mandoble is indeed the man... we're lucky to have him on the team. :cool2:

Offline smoke52

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2007, 04:14:17 »
nice job, checking it out

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2007, 11:32:39 »
Guys, remember I'm enjoying with this as much as you do  ;)
And I'm taking note about free drinks in Seattle, but if you even in Spain, you'll buy the drinks too  :P
Expect a more advanced version in few more hours including taxiing to take off and a surprise for bailing out pilots  ;)

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2007, 20:14:20 »
Sweet. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2007, 01:33:21 »
As promised, 2.0 is now available.

Some aditions:
Taxi operations, taxi max speed and taxi positions array added
Wait for "n" crew members to be inside before starting taxi, now dont need GET IN WPs to execute the script, you may even execute it from init.sqs and the script will wait til indicated crew is inside.
Wait for indicated seconds before starting taxi procedure after all crew is inside, so you may sync many take off using the same runaway.

Offline ViperMaul

• Members
    • Theatre Of War (Team PvP Campaign)
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2007, 02:54:44 »
Thanks Mando!!
ViperMaul
Theatre of War (Co-Lead Dev)
ACE (Jr Project Manager)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2007, 16:23:37 »
Updated to V2.1 and added a new ejection seats script.
Damage of the planes are now under control too, they may abort take off procedure if too much damage or eject the crew if the plane is already climbing up.
Radio communications were also added between control and pilots taxiing and taking off.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2007, 23:29:40 »
Just tried the new version. Great as always  :good:

About the demo:
The only pilot with problems is the camel. He takes off but he crashes when he reaches his final speed after take of.
I didn't try to run the script with other parameters tho...

I won't be suprised if you post a landing script in the future  :) Great work.
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2007, 23:41:32 »
oh, but that is the old version (the simplified one), not the new one (mando_takeoff2.sara) :whistle:
In the new one you will take off with the camel after a group of Su34 scrambles :P

About that camel crashing after take off, I found where the issue is: in ArmA, as usual. If the camel gets too high the pilot is not able to resolve the path to next waypoint, for some reason heads to the ground or sea and crashes.

Edit: and you are right, automatic beta landing script is open in front of me now  :D
« Last Edit: 16 May 2007, 23:44:09 by Mandoble »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2007, 01:03:30 »
oh, but that is the old version (the simplified one), not the new one (mando_takeoff2.sara) Whistle
In the new one you will take off with the camel after a group of Su34 scrambles Tongue

Whoops, my bad.  :-[

Ok, I saw it now. Splendid work, simply amazing.

How the hell did you create that 3D text effect?
Hmmm...two text resources on top of each other with a slight offset to simulate a 3D effect?
Hehe, well done  :)
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Automatic landing script included  ;)
Vertical landings and takeoffs also implemented.

EDIT: In the process of making these scripts resistant to up to x4 time acceleration. ArmA loses too much accuracy with time acceleration and so does any script guiding a moving object, to, that moving object's agility must be incremented proportionaly to current acceleration factor.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2007, 17:09:30 by Mandoble »

Offline Cole

• Members
Hi Mandoble,

The script looks very nice, but when I try to run the demo, the Su-34's are taxiing and then they crash into the harrier (harrier doesnt move because the pilot keeps standing in front of it) and explode. Am I dumb or is there something wrong with the script?

Thanks for reply