Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: help with choppers and boats, at sea! _rubberduck mission_  (Read 1626 times)

Offline mpantel

• Members
hi, ive been a longtime ofp user for a while, just getting use to ArmA. At the moment im trying to create my own little seal mission,"rubber ducky" where 5 man sealteam gets ejected over sea into the water, then boards a CRRC "zodiac". now the problem is the CRRC! ai doesnt seem to like it very much  :dry:.  sometimes 1 or 3 men would board the CRRC and leave other members behind. ive even tried a trigger, where when the sealteam gets near the boat, it moves them into the cargo of the boat, but only puts 3 instead of the whole team?  :blink:

Is there anyone that has tried to create a simular mission? where a group of ai, try to board a boat in sea.? looks like boats can be more touchy than choppers!

Great forum by the way guys  :D dont know how i will survive with out it.
www.pantelimon3d.com << looking for 3D work!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: help with choppers and boats, at sea! _rubberduck mission_
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2007, 22:01:18 »
You haven't been specific enough about how you tried to do this. More details please.  :yes:
urp!

Offline mpantel

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2007, 08:34:33 »
ok no worries mate, heres how i had myne setup

chopper name = helo ; CRRC name = boat ; navysealnames = Seal1,Seal2,Seal3,Seal4,Seal5 ;

so i create the chopper "named helo" flying oversea and a crrc named boat at sea, with the player grouped to the helo and in cargo. Then i create a Navyseal group, and in each of their init fields I put "this moveincargo helo" . Then I get the helo fly to move waypoints with "flyinheight" getting lower and lower, till the helo is 1 or 2 meters of the ground. I insert a trigger, where the helo waypoints is. In the trigger i put, activation by blufor present, switch, and on activation field = Seal1 action ("eject",Seal1) ; Seal2 action ("eject",Seal2) ; Seal3 action ("eject",Seal3) ; Seal4 action ("eject",Seal4) ; Seal5 action ("eject",Seal5)

the seals have their first waypoint as getin on the boat, then a some move waypoints. Now, watching what the ai does in the seal group, ive made sure they drop into the water near the boat, so they get inside quickly without losing their equipment  :P , now 2 or 3 ai get in the boat and usualy leave the others behind! the ai left behind, just swim in 1 spot.

So to overcome this, I decided to insert a trigger near the boat, again activation by blufor, switch, and in activation field i put seal1 moveincargo boat for each member.  :blink: For some reason this only puts 3 members in the boat instead of 5! weird. something fishy here?

hmm im also thinking that the ai might want to board the chopper again? so i also tried it with out the chopper having them start in the sea near the boat. i had the same results.

Offline Cold

• Members
  • Mission Maker
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2007, 21:51:15 »
How about trying the assignascargo command? It goes something like this unit assignascargo vehicle. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that normally helps keep vehicles around for units to board... or it has in the past for me.

So yours would looks something like (in a triggers init field):
[Seal1, Seal2, Seal3, Seal4, Seal5] assignascargo crrc;

You could even go so far as to use the assignascargo for each units yada yada.... I can never remember that script, but it lets you assign all the units as cargo to one vehicle with one line based on their group leader.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2007, 21:53:25 by Cold »
A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. <br />Lao Tzu

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2007, 22:34:00 »
As far as I remember, eject action should be followed by a "unassignVehicle _unit" command.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2007, 03:29:17 »
Yep, make sure you unassign the seals from the helo before ejecting. I am not certain but you may have to assign them as cargo to the boat to get them in and unassign them when they get out.
urp!

Offline mpantel

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2007, 16:11:00 »
yeay problem solved  :D they seem to be behaving now. unassignVehicle _unit" command, worked well, plus having a trigger with assignascargo for each of the seals made them all get in the boat, and continue along. thanks for you help. you can lock this now.

now its time to make them look good somehow lol  :cool2: