Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Peter Pan meets ARMA!  (Read 1268 times)

Offline D_P_

• Members
  • YAY! I'm a lama again! ...oh wait.
    • ArmaAddons
Peter Pan meets ARMA!
« on: 22 Apr 2007, 20:30:56 »
Is it a bird?! .........is it a plane?!
No!
It's my frick'in tank commander!

Soooooo....anyone else notice this bug? happens sometimes when ai or player exits a vehicle in mid air....suddenly they are swimming in fluidic space!

While some might say....they hate that bug....I would like to know if it's possible to create this effect on demand!
Is it possile to activate a command that makes the player swim in air on purpose? I'd love to know if anyone can help!
(note - gave the tank commander a UA - so it's not drugs making him do it LOL!)

...yeye - i like mak'in weird missions.... :blink:
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2007, 21:15:44 by D_P_ »
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
Re: Peter Pan meets ARMA!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2007, 21:39:56 »
This is really cool. One could use the position Your tank commander has on the first picture for freefalling units! I'm not sure about the second though. Definately good for an AmrA theater piece for soldiers on vacation type of mission; entertain the rookies and the officers.

To reproduce these effects at will, only one thing comes to my mind and it is to
Code: [Select]
This SetPos [GetPos This Select 0, GetPos This Select 1, (GetPos This Select 2) +1] in the tank's Init Field and then a DoGetOut command as the tank is in the air. It sounds very primitive. If You're a little patient, someone will probably come along with a cleverer solution.

Cheers.
Back to the forest!

Offline D_P_

• Members
    • ArmaAddons
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2007, 22:47:48 »
hehe - thx cap'um, i agree the possibilities with this are endless....but the bug/effect is not always generated...most times the player will jump out and just drop like a stone lol. If you ever bailed out of an aircraft and forgot to grab your chute....you know what I'm referring too. (much anxiety when that happens lol)

There's gotta be a way to manipulate the unit into thinking it's just entered the water.....but how?!
I read here: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=28782.0 
...about detecting if a player is in the water or not - maybe that's got sumfing to do with it...but meso notso howknow doso!
I'll take your advice and be patient..... :whistle:

...okay...my patience just ran out!
SOLUTION PLEASE!!! :D

just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline D_P_

• Members
    • ArmaAddons
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2007, 01:30:09 »
Okay - so I've learned (the hard way) that there are rules here at OFPEC...but I have a question and wasn't sure how to ask it...

My question/post above was never answered....and I am still searching for a solution. Now that some time has past...and the post is on page 3...what would be the correct proceedure regarding raising my unanswered question again? How would I have people review the question without desplaying poor forum ettiquette?!

(maybe the "soulution now please!!!" comment wans't too smart :P )
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2007, 10:25:19 »
Well, I think it is related to getPosASL in buildings, because AFAIK it still returns the same as getPos. So, in your case, the game knows you are over water and at 0m due that bug -> swimming. So, imo, if you put a building over the water, like a bridge, and you jump from it, the game will compute a wrong ASL altitude 0 and will switch to swimming animation.