Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A very great Idea!  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
A very great Idea!
« on: 08 Apr 2007, 15:17:11 »
I have never seen or heard of dismantled untis addons before. This would a great addon for cutscenes and to add scary effects to the game.

What if we had a troop of dismembered soldiers; missing an arm or a leg or both or all of them? Or half a body or better yet: two halfs!? So when a bomb or grenade explode, we could either use a command to DeleteVehicle _Unit then replace it with CreateUnit Manchot or just make a normal unit addon that sometimes loses a leg when blown off. Isn't this a great idea? Or am I just too gory?

Jason
Back to the forest!

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: A very great Idea!
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2007, 19:30:31 »
Thats a great idea!

Thats something that I had hoped someone would address sometime.

No it wouldnt be gory, if this is a war game simulation why not go all the way and add the rawness to it, the reality.  Like getting shot with a 50cal or even a 7.62x51 will have enough energy to rip an arm off. Land mines and direct hits from a projectile or war head will do alot of damage. I agreee that there should be something like that nature on here, screw the "M" in the games, like Americas Army, kids play Soldier Of Fortune, Counter Strike, Half Life, Quake, they will get their hands on them either way.

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 09 Apr 2007, 23:08:58 »
I wonder if I simply use an existing unit an open the .pd3 file or whatever the extention is, and just delete a leg and try and add some red and a white stick, it would probably look bad since I have no idea about modeling but it would be something. I'm gona give it a go!
Back to the forest!

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #3 on: 09 Apr 2007, 23:51:41 »
You could do that. Maybe look into particles effect for blood squirting out of the leg.

I don't know if this would be any good in battle, but in a cutscene it would look brilliant.

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2007, 14:17:46 »
Does Oxygen 2 work for ArmA addons?

EDIT1:
BTW, I was thinking, I am really not good at scripting nor addon modeling nor pretty much anything that has to do with computers honestly, but what if I'd cut a part off a unit and save the two parts as different files, then use a script or something to attach the part to the body then when the unit dies, the part detaches from the body to go its own way? Does that make sense at all?

EDIT2:
I triy using Oxygen 2 but when a start the bulldozer.exe, I get a message that the wrong serial was given. It is just for OFP I guess.

EDIT3:
I tried all downloadable programms on OFPEC, none of them work. I get some error message from one, an invalid serial thing from the other, and another a missing something for it to work message.

Which programm can be used to make or modify addons for ArmA?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers.

Jason
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2007, 14:57:55 by Captain Crunch »
Back to the forest!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2007, 16:53:05 »
Which programm can be used to make or modify addons for ArmA?
There are no tools for that yet.

BIS may release the tools propably perhaps maybe after the ArmA US release (There's 50/50 change, and only 10% change of that ;) )..

but what if I'd cut a part off a unit and save the two parts as different files, then use a script or something to attach the part to the body then when the unit dies, the part detaches from the body to go its own way?
Yes, but how would you make it animate with the rest of the unit and look normal..
Not possible I think..

There was actually a more practical way mentioned about this at some of the OFP boards here..
Just can't remember where :scratch:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.