Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Holding/Freezing End of Animation? Pulling gun out during animation?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Brandon

• Members
Question 1: We all know that once animations are over the normal player stance is put back. However, in some instances, we may want to hold the end of the animation slightly longer.

Off the top of my head I think there was an animation where a soldier scratches his head, and then puts his hands on his helmet. At the end of the animation, (He only holds his hands up on his helmet for under a second), he returns to his normal stance. Now in this example, is it possible for him (the soldier) to keep his hands on his head without having to have him return to a normal stance and then set him to captive.

Question 2: Some Animations make a soldier pull out a weapon and then holster it prior to preforming the action they are commanded to do. However the wiki does not say that hand gun equipping is part of that animation specific process. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks!

Offline SaBrE

• Members
  • I was once a Llama
    • www.Armed-Assault-Zone.com
In answer to question 2, I assume it's because you used "playmove" rather than "switchmove" . Yes, some animations only work with "playmove" but if you do not want the transition of getting into the correct starting stance (what playmove does: a smooth transition), then use "switchmove" if you can ;)
Can you HELP?