Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [COOP10] Midnight Insurrection v. 1-1-0  (Read 3751 times)

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Midnight Insurrection is a coop mission for as many as ten players.  The task at hand is to approach an enemy base via boat under the cover of a thunderstorm at night, destroy a radio tower, and successfully extract to one of two places.  The stealthier your approach is, the easier the mission will be.  Another substantial challenge for players will be the lack of nightvision equipment.  By default, only one team member will have NVGs (although this can be changed via mission parameter settings), making navigation difficult. 

This is the fifth revision of this mission.  It has been tested extensively, so I consider it to be complete and ready for review.

OFPEC Download.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2008, 13:40:45 by Cheetah »

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
I see two people have downloaded this.  Any comments?

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
The mission has been downloaded for testing and review.

Please wait while we sort this out.

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
played this last night  with rhys and cheetah ...
a nice  idea  and  well put together ...  but  not very challenging ...
finished it second time around  ...

"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
That's actually good to hear because everyone else that I've talked to has told me that it was too difficult.  The truth of the matter is that it's an easy mission that can slip into the "nearly impossible" realm very quickly if you make a mistake or if some random elements come into play.

Try playing it on "hardcore" mode -- the lack of nightvision can make it quite challenging. 
« Last Edit: 31 May 2007, 00:04:27 by DucusSumus »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Hi DS,

With regards to you wanting you mission reviewed here at OFPEC; as you maybe aware, we run MP Testing sessions organised by myself and cheetah, you mission was BETA tested (prior to you marking it for review) during testing on the 29th May.
   We tested the mission fully, and even finished the mission. One thing that we are concerned about is the beginning of the mission, the insertion as it were, envolving the AI drivers of the dingy's. This for us was not a pleasent situation. The AI drivers lacked any sense of direction, one time it took us an unbearable length of time to reach the drop off point.

For this reason, and this reason only, we feel that the mission cannot be furhter processed for Review.
Please fix this and the mission will then undergo review, pending on the neutralisation of the bug.

Regards
Rhysduk & Cheetah

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Unfortunately, there's no way that I know of to improve AI driving of boats.  The mission was designed with only players participating in mind.  What I can do is label the boat positions for the slot selection screen, so that players can make sure that at least one real person is avaiable in each boat to drive.  Would that suffice? 

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Were the drivers given waypoints, what MODE were they set in?

Failing that, your suggestion is a solution  :good:

Rhys

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
The drivers can't be given waypoints because the point is that there are numerous ways to approach the objective.  I wouldn't want to force the players into landing at one location.

Attached is the fixed version, which tells each player what boat he will be in at the slot selection screen.  If players plan on using AI (which I don't recommend), then they should make sure that at least one real person is in each boat to drive. 
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2007, 03:04:52 by DucusSumus »

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Use this version of the mission; ignore the locked topic.

Offline DucusSumus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: (co_10) Midnight Insurrection v. 1-1-0 (Submitting for Review)
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2007, 19:45:52 »
It's been a month now... bump.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: (co_10) Midnight Insurrection v. 1-1-0 (Submitting for Review)
« Reply #11 on: 03 Jul 2007, 13:30:00 »
Please add a description as to who is there driver of the boat. We tried this last night and still had trouble with the AI driven boat, maybe a complete reorganisation of the team is required. As the #2 on the lobbylist is the leader, seems odd.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
This one is being reviewed.

Review Completed.

What are your thoughts on this mission? Your gameplay experience in the world of ArmA? Feel free to share them with us in the after-review discussion.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:23:03 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!