Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Simple question  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Tom_Anger

• Members
    • Shadow Company Elite (SCE_FATMAN)
Simple question
« on: 22 Mar 2007, 12:56:58 »
I have searched and found posts for various ways to accomplish the simple ending using a Trigger when an object is destroyed.  As a beginnger I have to start simple so I want to post this in hopes of getting a simple, yet, informative answer.

Gametype Setting
Multiplayer 'team' mission where each team has to get to the objective and destroy the object to win.

Objects
I have placed a wooden tank object at each base and in the name field I entered target01 and target02 respectively.

Triggers
On each of these objects I placed a trigger item with x/y = 0.
I had the type as gamelogic, then changed it to none - neither one worked for me.
The conditions were set as
not alive target01 and on the other trigger it had not alive target02

Action
The action for each was set to END1. 

I know it is as easy as that, but it doesn't end for me so I trying to see what I am missing.  It is setup as a mission.  I may have it correct and it may be one of those simple problems right there in front of me.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Simple question
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2007, 13:18:31 »
'alive' cannot be applied to objects, only soldiers. try getdammage instead.

also, please change the topic title to something a bit more descriptive than "a simple question". this is for searching purposes and helps everyone in the long run.  :good:

Offline Tom_Anger

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2007, 13:25:41 »
I am at work so while this is fresh in my mind can you please confirm for me what the command line would look like for target01?

I am thinking this will give me what I need, but just being sure...

Condition: getDammage target01 = 0
Action: END1

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2007, 13:34:56 »
Condition: (getDammage target01) > 0.95

I'm not sure if this would work, you might have to try even lower numbers. Unless you want that the object has to be destroyed 100%, then you need:

Condition: (getDammmage target01) == 1
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Tom_Anger

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2007, 05:58:56 »
In working on the map I was able to have the not alive command work for this object.  When I get a chance I will see if I can gather helpful info with screen shots and step by step process for new people to setup a basic attack and defend map.

I had to change the triggers so that the action was END 2 or END 3.  For some reason END 1 would not allow the destruction of the object to trigger.  I then modified my Objective file and when END2 or END3 kicks in it gives you the associated message on what team won.

The BLUE team has a tank target unit called unit1 and the OPFOR has one called unit2.  I then placed a target on each with x/y = 0 (changed them from 50 to 0) gave them the name TARGET 1 and TARGET 2 and in the condition entered in

Condiiton: not alive unit1
Action: END 2

Condiiton: not alive unit2
Action: END 3

Thanks for your help on this.  Being my 1st map to mess with, this along with various other help in the forums, scripts, etc is helping me put things into perspective.