Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cannot "lock" camera on a target? (Camera.sqs)  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Brandon

• Members
Cannot "lock" camera on a target? (Camera.sqs)
« on: 14 Mar 2007, 16:39:05 »
When I use camera.sqs I always get errors when I used a (red) targeted object in a camera script. When I have a targeted location I don't get the error.  Is this just me? What does one do to get around this?

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Cannot "lock" camera on a target? (Camera.sqs)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2007, 17:55:37 »
Haven't had any problems with this so I'm going to reproduce it and look for the solution. Expect an answer from me this evening or maybe tomorrow depends on how long studying Genetics will take.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Brandon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2007, 18:43:14 »
I appreciate it :cool2:

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2007, 15:27:21 »
Indeed, there is an error coming up. Seems like that BIS hasn't tested this. The problem is that the code returns something like: WEST 1-1-B:1 whereas a unit / object should be named like unit1. This might be caused by the streaming technology used by the engine (also prevents the usage of the command object, that's why it has been disabled in ArmA).

The solution? Give the object a name and replace the WEST 1-1.. with the name. So if you've got a unit1, change it to:
_camera camPrepareTarget unit1

And don't forget to report this as a bug, because I think it is (might miss something, tried deleting the ' and ' / replaced them, but both didn't help).
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2007, 16:34:39 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2007, 16:05:09 »
also prevents the usage of the command object

This command has been disabled in ArmA, it is no longer relevant, as far as ArmA is concerned it is obsolete.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Brandon

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2007, 08:56:36 »
Thanks guys. Knew I could count on ya.  :good: