Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting OPFOR to shoot civilians  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Pikey

• Members
Getting OPFOR to shoot civilians
« on: 12 Mar 2007, 18:47:59 »
For the purpose of an intro i would like to have a scene where civilians are taken in a truck and then executed at a particular spot. However I cant make OPFOR do it. I have tried the OFP trick of getting them to join a BLUEFOR group with higher rank but they are still immune. I can visibly have a civy in my BLUEFOR group and have him stand in front of OPFOR and the thing wont react. I can use dotarget and he is targetted, dofire doesnt do anything though. I cant get setfriend to work (no idea but someone said its bugged anyway).

Do i have to edit the SQM to change the uniform or something on a BLUEFOR unit then use setcaptive? Surely there must be a more sensible way? And i dont know how to edit the uniform etc anyway if someone could help me i would be very grateful?

Cheers (version 1.05 Arma btw)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Getting OPFOR to shoot civilians
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2007, 19:03:07 »
I think that you can set the Civilian enemy to OPFOR in the screen where you can change weather, fog etc. Do that and make an array which includes all the names of the civilians (if there aren't too many of them).

Use this line in a script, trigger etc.:
{ _x setCaptive true; } forEach [c1,c2,c3,c4,c5];

to make them enemy to OPFOR again, use:
{ _x setCaptive false; } forEach [c1,c2,c3,c4,c5];

(there is no east friendly to thing)

You could try to give the civilians a negative rating: c1 addRating -10000
That should make the guards fire at them.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Pikey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2007, 19:32:05 »
Lol, i cant even use the setcaptive command now!! If the unit has setcaptive true, when you release it using setcaptive false the enemy of that unit just dont target him and he shoots them all??? Can someone please verify this, im going out of my mind, im beginning to think this is a bug :(

Offline Pikey

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2007, 19:44:33 »
OK, your rating thing fixed whatever it was...its not entirely instant though. Have to force it a bit with this:

man setcaptive false
man addRating -10000
soldier1 reveal man

pfff :S

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2007, 12:11:59 »
Just did a quick test:

Civ unit grouped with a BLUFOR sergeant (0% presence). Civ's init field: this setCaptive true
2 OPFOR soldier in front of it, 30m away
A gamelogic with a single waypoint timedout 5 seconds and with civname setCaptive false into its activation field.

After 5 seconds, OPFOR units target, fire and kill the civilian.

So far, very same behaviour as OFP.