Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: auto place objects on borders  (Read 1151 times)

Offline GRFoxhound

• OFPEC Patron
    • Armaholic.com
auto place objects on borders
« on: 11 Mar 2007, 20:38:29 »
Hi all.

Been a while but its time now to start doing some arma scripting :)

I made a script which is using triggers. Now I would like that script to add objects to the border of the trigger with a certain ammount of space between them.
So for example if the trigger is a rectange of 500 x 500 meters I would like my script to add objects to lets say all 4 corners of the rectangel and 3 in between. Going from North to south and from west to east. But no objects should be created in the middle, I speciffically need the objects to be on the border of the trigger.

Now I found Kronzky's object placer (an sqf) which will spawn objects inside a marker with a specified space in between them and of the type you want.
However, this spawns objects spread all over the place, not just borders.
And, that script is depended of markers (I know why cause refering to markersize and direction is needed), but I really cant use markers. My script is depended on triggers.

I hope my explanation does make any sense, after all these years I still cant explain it in a clear way I fear  :-[

Anyone get an idea how to do this?

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: auto place objects on borders
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2007, 20:07:59 »
You could make a few scripts that calculate the positions of the objects after giving the x and y axis of the trigger in the brackets ([] exe...).

Two seperate scripts would be needed as an oval / circle need the markers placed at the borders too (if you want to use those). The circle and square are pretty easy to do I guess. By using the position of the trigger and the x-y axis of it a lot should be possible.

If you can't figure it out, just ask for help.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline GRFoxhound

• OFPEC Patron
    • Armaholic.com
Re: auto place objects on borders
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2007, 10:07:27 »
Hi Cheetah

First sorry for my late reply but I have been trying really hard to get this to work.
I contacted Kronzky and he allowed me to change his .sqf and release it with the script I need it for. He also explained me at what precise area of his script I should concentrate but so far I havent been able to get it to work.

This .sqf scripting makes my head spin, and I just say your basic tut about .sqf so I will give that a go now first.
This topic wont die cause I definatly need it for  my script so I will be back with more questions or to show how I got it to work.