Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Please shoot at me!!  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Killzone

• Members
  • War is the true Enemy
Please shoot at me!!
« on: 11 Mar 2007, 15:38:57 »
Does anyone know how to get the shilka to shoot at me as I approach on there location. I fly the AV8's and they just dont shoot at me. well, they do but I usually have to fly past them. Is there a script that could help or is the A.I. just lousy?

Thanks

oh, and I tried the dotarget, dofire but it does not help much
"Everyone dies so deal with it and move on"

ME

Offline SaBrE

• Members
  • I was once a Llama
    • www.Armed-Assault-Zone.com
Re: Please shoot at me!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2007, 17:18:18 »
Name the shilka and put a trigger that is set off when you enter it (the size you want the Shilka to see you in). Then type in the On Act field: shilka1 reveal player; shilka1 dotarget player

If that doesn't work make a short script where it loops over and over revealing the player many times to the shilka. Then you can tell it to exit when (or if) the shilka's dead or something.

; makes shilka1 see player
#loop1
~1
shilka1 reveal player
shilka1 dotarget player
!(alive shilka1) goto "end"
goto "loop1"
#end
exit

I probably got the syntax wrong there, tell me if I did someone. Also it's just an idea, I don't have a huge amount of experience with how the AI works in ArmA.
Can you HELP?

Offline Killzone

• Members
  • War is the true Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2007, 14:28:23 »
Thanks for the help SaBre unfortunately it didnt help.  It is amazing how they dont seem to mind me flying over there heads with GBU's  :P

It takes so long for them to fire there is 0% possibility of getting shot down. I am trying to do a mission that starts off bombing oil fields that are protected by shilka's but this is a joke. I thought it maybe a setviewdistance problem so I increased it to 2100 but still nothing.   :dunno:

I am looking for a way or them to shoot at me on the approach. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

ME

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2007, 16:27:39 »
Do you want to be shoot down? To be shoot but not down (bullets hitting your Harrier airframe with little damage)? A camera showing the shilka firing? Tracers crossing your path? What is exactly what are you looking for?

BTW, the speed of the harrier may be too much for a Shilka to effectively shoot with any lethal interception course (bullets).

Offline Killzone

• Members
  • War is the true Enemy
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2007, 17:16:52 »
Hi Mandoble

It is not so much that I want to be shot down (I should have explained better) But I at least want the chance of being shot down. They do not fire until I have passed by them at least once. By then I could kill them all.   I think your right about the speed of the aircraft being a factor. that, along with changing directions. I just remember ofp being better at it than this.  :yes:

I try everything I know about scripting before coming to this site and my knowledge as far a scripting is ok but no where near the ability as some on this site so I figured maybe someone could help with a scripting solution. I like to hear other ideas than just my own since I have had no luck. 

Thanks

ME

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2007, 21:13:31 »
Well, last three questions:
- You need a real menace comming from the ground against your aproaching harrier, but you want to be able to survive it, right?
- Is it for Single Player?
- Are you in a hurri to solve that problem ?  ;)

Offline Killzone

• Members
  • War is the true Enemy
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2007, 21:29:12 »
You need a real menace comming from the ground against your aproaching harrier, but you want to be able to survive it, right?

Yes. I am not looking for a suicide mission. Just some level of skill from the Shilkas. You know, to do what they are there for.  :P

Is it for Single Player?

Yes.

Are you in a hurri to solve that problem ?

Not at all. Now its more my curiosity more than anything. I am wondering will this hamper all missions in the future as far as AA fire. In the mean time I could either change the mission or just work on another part of it.

As always I appreciate yor help on this. Does this seem to bug anyone else? Has anyone else had any problems with this?

ME

Offline Dj Tano

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2007, 22:18:21 »
well if you want a danger wich will not kill you, then just put 2 shilkas on the highest skill level and they will pretty much shoot the crap outta you, but depending on your position and skill youll survive 8/10

it also depends on the vehicle youre using, if its a blackhawk 2 shilkas are perfect for you, if its a littlebird then only one or youre going down.

the big problem with the planes is that you fly too high for them to fire at you, and when you go lower you are still too fast for them...

since we are on the subject, does anybody know a trigger so that the shilka does kill me (in a blackhawk) with only 2-3 hits? (i want to go down!)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2007, 22:26:50 »
I am wondering will this hamper all missions in the future as far as AA fire.

In the very very near future ArmA sky will be no longer safe for anything whatever the speed it moves :D