Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: setfriend thing  (Read 1150 times)

Offline BensTooCool

• Members
setfriend thing
« on: 10 Mar 2007, 18:39:35 »
I want to start out as an RACS guy in an enemy base and be set to friendly to the SLA and then later change it to enemy. I've tried this "side1 setFriend [side2, value]" command but it doesn't work and I don't know if its even the right command.

I figured out you need to use West, East and Resistance but it still doesn't work quite right, if i change the setting to enemy while i'm standing with a group of SLA they don't shoot me but if i set it when I'm not around then move towards them they shoot at me.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2007, 19:04:38 by BensTooCool »

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: setfriend thing
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2007, 02:18:14 »
There's a couple things you could try:

You could set your player to "this setcaptive true" in the Init line and then a script or trigger later could "this setcaptive false" when your player changes sides.  That way the SLA will ignore you at the beginning, seeing you as a captive.

You could also have your character be grouped with an OPFOR man.  In the OPFOR man's Condition line put false instead of true.   Later your player can join a Resistance group or what not to change sides, though while technically under "OPFOR" you are vulnerable to BLUEFOR and Resistance fighters etc. 

I haven't seen anyone meet any success with the side1 setfriend command etc yet...