Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addons - How to let joiners know... or download...  (Read 1136 times)

Offline satexas69

• Members
Addons - How to let joiners know... or download...
« on: 08 Mar 2007, 17:17:31 »
One thing that always made OPF and now ArmA a serious pain in the ass was Addons outside the default ones for people trying to join a mission that didn't have them.

OFP seemed better than ArmA, because when you joined, it at least told you which one(s) you were missing. In ArmA, using the Sara-Lite island, people joining mine get a really retarted "some file previously deleted" type error.

Does anyone know if BIS has plans to fix this serious black eye or if there's a auto-menu joining script of some kind allowing people to download the addons as they join up? Can that even be done?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Addons - How to let joiners know... or download...
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2007, 19:42:21 »
The error I believe your talking about is "Downloadable content has been deleted", I think your best to make a wish in the Wiki, or in the Bug Tracking system to have the error expanded. You could also check the RPT file for what files might be missing, I think its reported there as well.

One way to notify users which addons they may need could be done through the MOTD on the server side.

This is not really editing related thread.   :dry:
Xbox Rocks