Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SQF revive script (ACCEPTED)  (Read 16598 times)

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
Re: SQF revive script (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #30 on: 22 Sep 2007, 02:24:12 »
[AI_enabled_revive and AI_disabled_revive Updates

The latest versions (v0.19) of the AI_enabled scripts are available from here (21st September 2007)

The latest versions (v1.0h) of the AI_disabled scripts are available from here (16th September 2007)

These revised scripts include many improvements, bug fixes and optimisations.  Make sure you check out the implementation notes and the init.sqf readme in the zip files for more info on the revive options available and using these scripts.

For the most up-to-date info on these scripts please see: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=f6ec59a7ec61f653594556c558e2e467&act=ST&f=71&t=58490&st=0&%EF%BF%BDentry101135

Player Vs Player AI_disabled revive script alpha (19th September 2007)

Here�s an alpha version of the PvP AI_disabled revive scripts.

Tested
The scripts have been tested in ver 1.08 with 3 players and work well with little strain on cpu resources but I need some one to stress test the PvP scripts with a larger number of players. 

In the past we�ve used the normal revive scripts on an average spec server with about 20 co-op players and they seems to run OK beyond that I�m not really sure.  The thing to remember is that each player needs an instance of the script running locally on their PC for each other player both friendly and enemy for the scripts to stay in synch � so you can see why I�m worried about how they�ll perform for large PvP battles.

Features
The scripts include almost all of the functions of the co-op AI_disabled  scripts including the following:

* revive reward_function
* team_kill_function
* all_dead_dialog
* nearest_teammate_dialog
* unconcious_markers
* follow_cam
* call_out_function
* revive_timer
* heal_yourself
* kegetys_spectator
* unconscious_invincibility
* visible_timer
* anti-water script

The visible timer is new and it allows you to display the revive timer countdown while you�re unconscious.  The timer�s not perfect and loses approx 1 sec over the course of a 45 second revive time. Its designed mainly for short revive times that are more appropriate for PvP � dare I say it more like BF2.  Once the timers up the mission designer has the choice of allowing you to respawn at your base camp or die outright in which case you can watch the ensuing proceedings using Kegetys Spectating script.

The respawn points are also a little different in the PvP version with the designer only being allowed to define a single point for each side - which really should be placed at the sides start point, however the respawn dialog can be set up to work in the same way as the co-op scripts.

If you decide to use the Unconscious markers they will only appear on the maps of the players on the same side.

The scripts are also set up so you can have two sides eg BLUFOR and Independent as friendlies and one side eg OPFOR as enemies and vice versa.  You can also specify if you only want medics to revive.

Bugs
One problem is the heal function doesn�t seem to be working reliably so you may want to disable it other than that haven�t come across any thing other than the occasional glitch that we've seen in the past with the co-op versions of the scripts.

In Future
For the time being if you use the call-out function the unconscious players will call-out in English no matter which side you are on.  If the scripts work well with a large number of players I�ll change this so that the BLUFOR call out in English and the OPFORs call out in Russian.  I'll also implement more respawn points, but the current version could be used with progressive or mobile respawn points if the mission designers up to it.

Test Mission
In the very simple mission included grab a couple of mates and move towards the smoke and slug it out.
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2008, 01:36:19 by norrin »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #31 on: 22 Sep 2007, 14:33:36 »
Thanks for the update Norrin, I'll update your current scripts in the ED asap.
About "For the most up-to-date info on these scripts please see: ... ", we'll use what is here as the most updated version and info wanted to be tested in OFPEC and added to the OFPEC ED as long as we are not talking about final releases.

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #32 on: 05 Feb 2008, 01:44:17 »
Updated first post with latest versions and information about these scripts.

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #33 on: 09 Apr 2008, 03:39:11 »
is there going to be other releases for the new beta versions, more importantly for me would be 1.12.... I am sure others would want 1.11 also though
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #34 on: 11 Apr 2008, 02:54:48 »
A new version of the AI_disabled script that it is compatible with ArmA versions 1.09+ was released yesterday on the BIS forums which fixes a couple of problems with the latest features/options: 1. mobile respawn and 2. rejoin punish.  Full details on what the latest version of the script does are contained in the readMe in the attached zip file.

Once the final 1.12 and 1.12 Linux server are released the code will be re-optimised and will use the new scripting commands that became available in the arma 1.09 beta.

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #35 on: 30 Jun 2008, 02:24:51 »
A new version of the AI_disabled revive script (version 1.49) is now available that includes a number of bug fixes and optimisations as well as some new features (see readMe contained in rar file for full details on implementation and features). 

You can get it here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/Revive/AI_disabled_x_1.49h.Intro.rar

EDIT: This version (1.49h) should be compatible with Spooner's SPON Map package - Thanks to Spooner for this fix.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2008, 03:33:33 by norrin »

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #36 on: 03 Jul 2008, 19:54:22 »
Hey, i wonder if anyone can help (or come across the same issue).   I have implemented the script into a couple of my missions.. As far as i can tell correctly.

The problem is that although the script works fine for me and most of the guys i play with, there is one guy who the script just wont work for.  Basically when he dies, he just dies.  No unconcious cam and no option to revive in game.  Thing is it seems to work fine for everyone else.  He has tried reinstalls of the game but to no avail.  Has anyone come across this problem at all?  Or could there be something im doing wrong (if so i cant figure it out, wih it working for others).

Also if i have the respawns set to 0 in the revive_init, do i need to have the Respawn_west1, Mobile listed in the marker names if im not using them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Update: After a bit more testing, it seems that the example mission that comes with the script works on for him (which would again believe me o think im doing something wrong) I made i simple mission just a couple of ai in town to clear with the script in and it didnt work.  Thing is it worked for everyone else lol.

Update 2:  After a bit more playing, it looks like the script works fine if he is blown up (grenade, charge) but not when shot.  Just keeps getting weirder...

Im lost here, cant figure it out.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2008, 21:29:30 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: 23 Dec 2008, 16:41:32 »
Norrin,

what is the visibility_timer option used for? I wasn't able to find this in any of the doco...

After just recently installing the .52 with AI respawn, I wondered if it was necessary to have the editor create the GL server... isn't this something you could create in the init or replace with isServer?

lastly... all my guys seem to stand at the respawn_west while waiting for revive. I've created the boot_hill marker but it doesn't seem to make a difference then all are in wait position at the respawn_west marker.
Xbox Rocks

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #38 on: 24 Dec 2008, 00:24:32 »
Sorry mate but the brain's only barely functioning this morning as I'm suffering some post Christmas Partyitis today so hopefully this response won't just be garbled nonsense.

what is the visibility_timer option used for? I wasn't able to find this in any of the doco...
The _visible_timer option is a bit of a redundant feature but when you are using the revive time limit option it allows you to hide the onscreen timer revive count-down so players don't know how much time they have left before they respawn or die.
After just recently installing the .52 with AI respawn, I wondered if it was necessary to have the editor create the GL server... isn't this something you could create in the init or replace with isServer?
In the earlier versions of ArmA (around 1.02 I think) using an editor placed GL was the only way I could ensure that the revive scripts would initialise on JIP players.  It's a bit hazy but more recently I think I may have tried what you are suggesting and wasn't happy with the result so stuck with the method that always worked.  Other than there being the added hassle of adding the GL to your mission can you see a problem with setting it up this way?
lastly... all my guys seem to stand at the respawn_west while waiting for revive. I've created the boot_hill marker but it doesn't seem to make a difference then all are in wait position at the respawn_west marker.
Units are only transported to the boot_hill marker when they are dead outright ie. they have no revives left or the revive timer has elapsed depending on the settings you're using.  By contrast, when players are unconscious the player's avatar stays at the respawn marker until their unconscious body double is revived.  There's a chance with the latest versions of the script that the whole boot_hill marker may be pretty much unnecessary but the scripts would need couple of lines of code changed if I was to do this.  Maybe with the next update (if someone finds a killer bug) I'll look into this. 

There is without question a multitude of ways that the scripts could be improved, more efficient use of code for instance, but the thought of rewriting the things from scratch and then trouble shooting all the new bugs I'd no doubt introduce makes my eyes water so I've been a bit of the opinion (and I know its lazy) that if it works don't touch it.   Having said that if there's anything that you think needs changing or could be improved please let me know.

Finally, I wish everyone at OFPEC a Merry Christmas.

Very best wishes,

norrin

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 24 Dec 2008, 00:47:32 »
Other than there being the added hassle of adding the GL to your mission can you see a problem with setting it up this way?

Well you could create this GL in the init scripts then it avoids one more step a n00b type scripting person would have to do. Just comes down to simplicity.

By contrast, when players are unconscious the player's avatar stays at the respawn marker until their unconscious body double is revived.
Ok, it would be better if they were at boot hill and then transported or hiding them until they respawn.

A nice to have maybe when your viewing an AI you get some display  as to which unit hes going to revive.(Intended revive target).

another thing that bugs me is when the AI respawn then sometimes seem to ferget what they were doing.

The only other option I would like is a way to disable the fading camera menu. It could be as easy as a toogle check box the player has an option to set on the next revive.

There is without question a multitude of ways that the scripts could be improved, more efficient use of code for instance, but the thought of rewriting the things from scratch and then trouble shooting all the new bugs I'd no doubt introduce makes my eyes water so I've been a bit of the opinion (and I know its lazy) that if it works don't touch it.

If you do let us know I have other suggestions too. :)

Xbox Rocks

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #40 on: 01 Jan 2009, 22:54:17 »
Sorry if this have been answered somewhere earlier, but...

If a player disconnects and you have disabled AI, will the AI left behind from the disconnected player be deleted?

Where is the part where disconnections are being handled?

Also, is there a way to force a unit to need reviving? Preferably without killing him :)

My idea basically is this...you have a player, lets say Player A. A loses connection, but rejoins after a minute or so...I don't want him to start at some other place...I want the body left after he disconnects to fall unconsious and stay that way in say 5 minutes...if he rejoins within those 5 minutes, he gets placed at the position where he was when he lost connection, gets forced into revive state...then his mates can revive him...

Also, while at it...where is the timeout death handled? :D I don't want the player to have any other option to respawn than revive, and I also want a timeout on it. However, when the time runs out, I don't want him to die, I want to catch that and let him respawn...but I want to customize it a bit...

I know you have the option built in that he respawns at a certain location after the time runs out, but as I understand it, enabling that option also enables him to choose to respawn there instead of revive?

Cheers
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2009, 01:49:00 by Garcia »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: 02 Jan 2009, 16:31:49 »
Is it me or is the revive working differently now with the new patch? It seems when we revive someone the body continues to stick around after the unit is revived. I can't remember now if the body remained after revive in 1.14.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #42 on: 02 Jan 2009, 17:23:27 »
Think there is a option if you want the body to remain or not...not sure, just stared editing for ArmA :D

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 02 Jan 2009, 17:32:10 »
I must of turned that option on somewhere. :)  funny thing is I don't recall doing so and I was playing one of ironmans missions the other day had a similar problem.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #44 on: 02 Jan 2009, 17:49:42 »
Uh oh...after looking through the options...there are no such option ::)

Guess I mixed it with some other script :whistle: