Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SQF revive script (ACCEPTED)  (Read 16596 times)

170th

Re: SQF revive script
« Reply #15 on: 05 May 2007, 14:14:14 »
Ok, in coop mission i only play with human players and for me i dont need the ai to revive... but with the other probs better wait for patch. thanks anyway  greets sgt.ace

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #16 on: 05 May 2007, 15:38:21 »
Seeing I've already made the script I thought I'd post it just in case you wanted to use it until the "isKindOf" command is fixed.  In this version all playable AI can revive other units but only human players that are medics can revive.

You can get it here: Medic Revive Only script

A couple of guys over at the BI forums have discovered another bug and that is this script gives a scalar error if the playable Ai are disabled either in the briefing screen or the description.ext so make sure you don't do this.  I've also noticed that the forced end of mission if all human players are unconcious doesn't always trigger.  Any way let me know how it goes if you decide to use this version of the script.

170th

« Reply #17 on: 05 May 2007, 16:31:39 »
Great! When the AI enabled then it works perfect without the scalar bool... prob. But one error while playing on dedi:
« Last Edit: 05 May 2007, 16:51:38 by 170th »

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #18 on: 05 May 2007, 16:52:37 »
Haven't seen that error in a long time, is it a once off error or does it keep recurring, if does keep happening can you post a link to your mission so I can take a look at it.

# removed unnecessary quote - h-
« Last Edit: 05 May 2007, 17:28:29 by h- »

170th

« Reply #19 on: 05 May 2007, 17:07:26 »
It was in your mission  but we killed friendly ai. I think in a normal mission without killing friendlys it works.

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #20 on: 06 May 2007, 13:45:36 »
SQF_REVIVE for disabled AI.

ChangesAdditional notes for implementationAll players can revive (ver revive_player_AI_disabled.intro)
and
Only players who are medics can revive (ver revive_player_AI_disabled_medic.intro)

Bugs
1. If you respawn, then quickly disconnect from the server (all within 2 seconds) you can cause a null variable error for all continuing players.  This is unlikely to happen in practice unless you really go out of your way to do it.
2. If you hit respawn while unconcious then you are transported to Respawn_west, if this happens disconnect and rejoin in the same slot and you will rejoin concious at the mission start point.

EDIT:  Updated both zip files which contain code optimisation and bug fixes
« Last Edit: 07 May 2007, 15:37:59 by norrin »

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2007, 06:49:23 »
Here's the links for the latest versions of the AI-enabled revive script

and AI-disabled revive script (with respawn counter and medic only version).

The zip files also contain notes for implementation of the scripts and example missions.

Changes
A respawn counter has been added to the AI disabled script (see notes in zip file for details) and a few minor changes to the AI-enabled scripts to ease their implementation and use with other sides.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2007, 02:52:58 by norrin »

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2007, 02:52:21 »
Here are the most recent versions (29th May 2007) of the AI-enabled revive script and AI-disabled revive script (with respawn counter).

Changes:
Several bug fixes including disappearing AI in the AI_enabled and some null variable errors in both.

EDIT:  Got bored last night and made a short vid of the AI_enabled script in action from different player perspectives you can see it here
« Last Edit: 30 May 2007, 04:29:19 by norrin »

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #23 on: 24 Jul 2007, 16:10:23 »
SQF Revive Script

AI_disabled revive script release version 1.0

Version 1.0 is available from here (23rd July 2007) :)

DescriptionFeatures and Options max_no_respawns can_revivemission_end_functionreward_functionteam_kill_functionRespawn dialogsRespawn Dialog sub optionsunconscious_markersunconscious cameracall_out functionrevive timer option. heal_yourself_optionkegetys_spectator_scriptChanges from previous versionImplementation
Please read the latest implementation notes and init.sqf readme in the zip file before using the new scripts

Missions included
AI_disabled_revive_230707 - test mission and version of the script for BLUFOR forces

BugsTested
On version 1.08 on both dedicated and local servers.  Works with JIP.

Thanks
Special thanks to HulkingUnicorn for his scripting advice, testing and many suggestions
Many thanks also to satexas69, MCPXXL, SNKMAN and sickboy for all their suggestions, advice and support and to all at the BIS forums
Based on concepts by PRiMe, toadlife and Mongoose_84.  Also thanks to Chris'OFP editor.
Some of the voice arrray stuff stolen with the permission of SNKMAN from ArmA Group Link II Plus!
And of course thanks to Kegetys for his amazing spectating script and to ViperMaul for his script fix

Good luck,

norrin :)

Latest version of the AI_enabled revive beta

Here's a long overdue update to the AI_enabled revive scripts (dated 150707).

Here's the changes:
1. Removed the addEventhandlers to improve compatibility with other scripts
2. Removed the blackIn from the onConnect script as it has been interrupting some mission makers intro movies.
Also added the following options to the init.sqf
3. The JIP players now get all unconscious markers placed on their maps when they join.  Only if the unconscious_markers options is toggled on of course.
4. Camera options so that it can either focus on the unconscious player or the nearest friendly.
5. Call_out function from the AI_disabled script now implemented
6. Option to toggle on or off the markers showing where the unconscious players are located.
7. Revive action only appears when you are within reviving radius of an unconscious player.

Bugs
Sometimes the AI units don't revive when sent to unconscious bodies, I'm not sure why this is but sending a second AI-unit to the unconscious unit may trigger the revive action.

If you spawn into an unconscious group leader when you are revived you may be armed with your secondary weapon.  However, when you shoot the rifle on your back fires.  The only way I've found to resolve this bug is to respawn and be revived.

Most importantly please make sure you check out the implementation notes and init file readMe in the zip file before using these scripts.

In action
For a short vid of the AI_enabled script in action from different player perspectives click here

Offline Fmrfox

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 26 Aug 2007, 00:25:34 »
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have tried to PM Norrin and it wont send for some reason, I don't understand why.

Norrin your revive script is absolutely amazing, thanks for making it! :)

I have a little problem though. I am using the BAS framework and 6th sense AI manager (which incorporates GL2) so I had some initial conflicts with the call out and spectator parts of your script. I seem to have resolved those by disabling the call out function and commenting out #include "spect\spectating.hpp". I don't have the AI disabled but I'm still getting the scalar error.

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #25 on: 30 Aug 2007, 05:01:16 »
Hi Fmrfox,

Sorry I haven't been checking this thread as often as I should recently.  Firstly there are new versions of the both the AI_enabled and AI disabled scripts available.

Get the latest version of the AI_disabled script here (230807)
 and the latetst version of the AI_enabled script here (290807).

The latest versions of these scripts contain new features and many bug fixes as well as updated implementation and init.sqf notes that will hopefully help you fix any problems you have encountered.  The AI_enabled script the most recently updated also contains notes on compatability fixes for other scripts.

All that being said, you may run into problems if you remove the revive spect folder and replace it with the Bas-f spect - it would be better to disable the spectate function through the BAS-f framework and implement it through the revive init.sqf options as I've made some minor changes to Kegetys' spectator script so that it functions with my revive script. 

I think the reason for the scalar error is that to use the AI_disabled script you must disable the playable AI in the description.ext.  If you want to have the playable AI enabled then you must use the AI_enabled script (see link in this post for latest version).

I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks and will not be able to check the internet so if its still not working send your mission to norrin@iprimus.com.au and I take a look at it when I get back (I'll be back on board around the 20th Sept). :)

norrin

# removed unnecessary quote - h-
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2007, 17:45:22 by h- »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: SQF revive script (ACEPTED)
« Reply #26 on: 01 Sep 2007, 14:16:04 »
The script suite has been accepted and added to the ED Depot ArmA scripts section.

Offline Seven

• Members
  • Am I a llama?
Re: SQF revive script (ACEPTED)
« Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2007, 17:22:06 »
The script suite has been accepted and added to the ED Depot ArmA scripts section.

Both AI_Disabled & AI_Enabled zipfiles at the depot contain the same stuff: AI_disabled script (AI_disabled_1g_230807b)  :blink:
Could you plz check & upload the AI_Enabled script?

Thx a lot!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: SQF revive script (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2007, 17:49:45 »
Fixed.

Offline Seven

• Members
  • Am I a llama?
Re: SQF revive script (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #29 on: 21 Sep 2007, 11:21:52 »