Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [CAMP] Grunt ONE (OUC 2)  (Read 25974 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Grunt ONE by Mandoble
« Reply #60 on: 23 May 2007, 00:12:53 »
How you were able to destroy the enemy tanks comming (8 + BMPs)? After testing over and over, Montignac defenses were always overran by the enemy assault, and, in fact, the Abrams survive there quite few seconds  :blink: (did you by any way get into any of them still able to fire)?

What was supposed to happen is:
a) A Miracle  :blink:
b) Friendly Abrams destroyed (condition = none can fire). And orders to retreat to the North and then, a surprise if you retreat passing near Montignac Restaurant. If you hear an old phone ringing, get close to it  ;)

EDIT: To avoid re-starting the mission, try to make sure these Abrams cannot fire.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2007, 00:18:37 by Mandoble »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #61 on: 23 May 2007, 00:42:10 »
I remember destroying 2 BMP's, at least 2, and maybe 3 T80's, and 2 or so T72's.  That was all that came.  There definately were not 8+ BMP's.  Guess it was a waypoint screwup somewhere...

-Pilot

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #62 on: 23 May 2007, 00:58:35 »
Nope, there should not be any WP problem as the force is spawned just W/SW of Provins, from there they aproach Montignac frontally and directly. There is one BMP also attacking from the West road and 6 T80 + 2 T72 attacking from Provins. A bit later, 2 more BMPs will join the assault comming from the South.

EDIT:
Are we talking about the mission named "Second Phase" ?
« Last Edit: 23 May 2007, 01:00:08 by Mandoble »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #63 on: 23 May 2007, 01:04:10 »
Yeah, it's Second Phase. 

Strange, I don't think there were that many armored vehicles present.  When the armored force from the south was attacking, I did launch an AT4 while they were still a ways off and killed a T72.  Maybe that caused them to start flanking maneuvers which scattered the whole force.  So all the tanks were flanking and going a long ways out of their way to try and catch me off guard.  I really don't know.

-Pilot

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #64 on: 23 May 2007, 01:44:39 »
Weird, but may be an explanation. So the main assault force should be still there, probably near Provins. Do you have any vehicle to go there fast to check the place and, if they are still there, try to atract their fire and guide them back to Montignac?

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #65 on: 23 May 2007, 02:28:12 »
I did take the jeep to investigate Montignac (because the objective to save the captain wasn't checked or x'ed), and I had to pass through Provins.  Nothing there.  I didn't even get shot at the whole way down.

-Pilot

Offline DrKissinger1

• Members
« Reply #66 on: 23 May 2007, 06:15:42 »
Greetings Mandoble. More trouble, this time in General Yazov. I saw someone asked a question about it earlier, and you said "Ah, so you're low on armor," implying that it was possible to have armor while attacking the Hind depot. But my mission basically went like this:

1. Drove out towards the supply station, ran out of fuel, went on foot, captured it, and refueled my tanks.

2. Drove out towards Yazov's base and ran out of fuel just before reaching it, in front of the machine gun nests. I wasn't close enough to open fire on the base, so I had to dismount and take on the defenders on foot.

3. I attacked Yazov's base, and he fled to the artillery HQ. I sustained heavy casualties during the attack, down to 50% men.

4. I ran to the artillery HQ and attacked it on foot, sustaining even more casualties. Now it's down to me and 3 men. I've captured Yazov, and I'm now supposed to capture the Hind depot. However, my Abrams are out of fuel way back at the first base, and I have only 3 men to push my way west. On top of this, a T80 came cruising up to the artillery depot, and I have nothing to defend myself except for a LAW launcher. Is there something I missed? Or is this normal?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #67 on: 23 May 2007, 09:23:34 »
DrKissinger1
This is absolutely normal, but, probably you crossed with some civs in a motorbike, if you follow them to their house, they may give you tips about how to stole armour. Near the first Yazov's base you may have noticed an small camp with s campfire and two civil hunters there, if you speak with them they'll provide help too.

Also, if you follow the road to the hind base (North coast road), you will find parked T55s with the crews resting outside, If you are quick you may kill some crews and then steal tanks there too.

But, sooner or later, Wolf (the infiltrated one) will locate another way to evacuate Yazov, another base with a Mi17 there in the middle of the forest.

Edit: Also, from the point where your Abrams get out of fuel, you should still be able to shell Yazov's base walls with HE, opening some holes there helps a lot to infiltrate that base.

Pilot
you may try to go down to Morton and then West to Le Moule, 6 T80 cannot evaporate so easily. If there is no way to find and reactivate these tanks, I recommend you to retry the mission instead of skiping it, this mission is quite ejoyable also after Montignac was overran by the enemy counterattack.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2007, 10:16:17 by Mandoble »

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #68 on: 23 May 2007, 13:57:10 »
I'll have to retry the mission, as I've already skipped it (a bit shortsighted of me :whistle:).  Thanks for the help, Mandoble.  The campaign has been very enjoyable so far, and I look forward to finishing it.

-Pilot

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #69 on: 23 May 2007, 14:23:19 »
Consider the following when retrying that mission, your forces cannot win there. So, the mission will be always a faillure. But, you may return home alone or with Morrison alive (and no, he is not held in Morton ;) ).

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #70 on: 23 May 2007, 18:42:03 »
But....I...must...win! :D

Ok, I will put on a fatalist attitude.  Morrison is alive?!  I had given him up for dead.  Darn you Mandoble! :P

Thanks for your help and advice.  I will retry that mission before I start the Kolgujev mission (the one with the renegade general).

-Pilot

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #71 on: 27 Jun 2007, 10:56:19 »
Mandoble, ive been working alot but just did mission Revange. killed the hunters wife, opps! it was a good mission, 3 hours. ive also finished the game and i must say i was very suprised at the ending, great cutsenes and scripting. thanks for your effort. this is one of the best champains ive played . :clap:   cheers Schuler

EDIT EDIT 
EDIT EDIT
  forgot to say ,hey i did mission Revenge, when i bring the chopper Mi 17 to the hopitol i got a error config bis weapons, but i did get the 45. revolver..?. i got my weapons, and went to the farmland,  is this an error on the game or iam i missing something? never had this prob before. any help is great ,  thank you Schuler
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2007, 15:13:00 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #72 on: 02 Jul 2007, 22:16:07 »
I think you are talking about Last Take mission (not Revenge). If you have the 45 handgun everything is ok, no idea about that "error config bis weapons" message  :dunno:

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #73 on: 14 Jul 2007, 15:04:44 »
>error config bis weapons

this is an 'undocumented feature' of the editor

giving anyone in the group a handgun, the addonrequirements[]= in mission.sqm does NOT automatically select bis_weapons . it must be done by hand.

once set inside mission.sqm it's neither removed by the editor should handguns be removed, nor does it cause any issues.
Just say no to bugz

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #74 on: 18 Jul 2007, 17:46:45 »
Mikero thanks , ive had this before thats way i asked mandoble this time,,,,, i run your editor 1.03 in res. and and a 1.02 in ofp addons ''not sure witch 1.02''
and i dont have the probs ,some guys have  errors, in some games ,,, does this sound funny to you? , but it works for me . and i dont want to change my setup, but ive read your tute on your change of 1.03.  ;)
have a mission pending, what should i do? :dunno: i dont wont conflicks with objects   :D ,,, hope you understand what i mean! or is this something for the scripting forum? cheers Schuler
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2007, 17:48:17 by schuler »
Semper Fi