Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed)Coop-DowntownSpetznaz OFP:Elite  (Read 3266 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
(Review Completed)Coop-DowntownSpetznaz OFP:Elite
« on: 25 Sep 2006, 15:50:57 »
Name: DowntownSpetznaz
Player Profile:OFPEC
Mission Description: Your tasked with clearing the town and destroying the 50 cal machine guns oh so nicely tucked away.

Mission Info:

Map: Abel
Type: MP Coop
Template: PC Mission Template
Duration: appr. 60 min
Player's Side: West

Note 1: Its best if all players have a copy of the mission. With PC templates many things might not work as intended if all players don't have the mission. This mission has group respawns.

Note 2:
This mission was not made by me, but ported over from the PC mission. Original mission was created by  LTS-1GT 9/05/2004,  and was one of my squads favorite missions and worthy of being ported over. The only items that have changed from the PC version to Elite is there is no images, and initial cutscene was removed everything else is in tact. The mission is flawless in terms of working properly, I wouldn't want to change anything with the mission as it wasn't mine to begin with so take it at that.

Hoz

Edit: changed title. my bad.

OFPEC REVIEW
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 19:13:42 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Coop-DowntownSpetznaz
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2006, 17:53:10 »
Am I right guessing that this mission is for Flashpoint: Elite and the X-box?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Coop-DowntownSpetznaz OFP:Elite
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2006, 19:03:16 »
Ya silly me!   :banghead:
Xbox Rocks

Offline Andreas Ludwig

• Members
    • Homefront Wargame Center
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2006, 21:51:21 »
Hoz,

we played this one and (as I said over at the BI forum) we had both totally different weather - sunny on one monitor and dark and rainy on the other. Are you aware of this and is that fixed in the version you uploaded here?
HOMEFRONT WARGAME CENTER - supporting our hobby!
Visit our HQ at www.homefrontcenter.de

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2006, 21:55:41 »
It can't be fixed in the PC template or within the Elite mission editor, the only way I've seen it work is if each person has a copy of the mission. (i think)
Xbox Rocks

BlessTheMachine

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2006, 22:05:12 »
That was another mission that took time for me to beat it. T80, BMP2 patrolling the area. Nice. I beat it on veteran with other friend on system link we had to split each other and ambush the enemies. We concentrate on clean the town first, then we destroyed the truck and the Static M2 with Sachel. Took like 2 hours to complete it but was cool.

Yeah Grim Mission weather is not the same on every player. I was playing with fog and rain and my partner was playing that mission with a nice day without fog. I think that Fog helped me a lot for enemies dont see me. There is a camp into the town, be carefull there enemies on prone possition waiting for you  to pass.

Bless

Offline Andreas Ludwig

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2006, 22:09:23 »
It can't be fixed in the PC template or within the Elite mission editor, the only way I've seen it work is if each person has a copy of the mission.

We will try it again with the mission installed on both Xboxes next weekend.

Offline Andreas Ludwig

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2006, 21:16:45 »
So we played it again this weekend and indeed with the mission installed on both Xboxes the weather problem was fixed.

Well, the mission is  a very good one, full of tension and action but we tried to beat it on Vet mode with no success. I dunno, but regarding reality this seems a bit out of balance. There's a town full with Russian elite troops and armor to protect it. The town is complete in the open, no cover worth mentioning except a few bushes and lone trees. We tried a dozen ways from all directions, with splitting troops and trying to blow up the supply trucks from somewhere out of town etc. but we always got eliminated. The problem is not so much that there are so many enemies around outnumbering the players squad, but the Russian tanks - the T 80 to be specific. The west side has only 9 men and even if you can manage to get into the town and killing the soldiers, the T80 is able to "swallow" that many hits with a LAW or even a stronger AT weapon that this always meant total elimination for us within some minutes.

One has to be silent to get as near the town as possible, the M2s (great to place them in the windows!) could be killed by sniper shots, but as soon as our squad was seen in the open we got pinned by the Russians and then the T80 came around the corner. That made it necessary to switch weapons for the At team to defend us, but that cut off the firepower against the infantry, further limiting what one lone squad can do in this situation. There's no way to attack the enemy from farther away (because of the fog) and to lure them into making an attack themselves, comming out of town, which would improve the players position as defenders before they make a counterattack against the town.

So, when I think about it I would suppose that this job of clearing the town is certainly not a job for one squad. It would be better imho to have two basic squads so we could make a more powerful pincer move to distract the enemies, or to have at least one armored vehicle on the west side. The armor would help to cross the open ground with armored assault tactics and could defend the infantry against the T80 while they make it into the town. The armor wouldn't play a big role in clearing the town because that would make it vulnerable to street fighting so in town it would still be mostly inf vs. inf.. I think it would help to make the mission more realistic as a military operation.

Cheers,

Andreas

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2006, 00:27:34 »
First let me say, I didn't build this mission, its a port from the PC some one else made it, and out of respect for the author I only changed a few things to make it work on the xbox. I'm not trying to pass it off as my own, I'm only putting it out there so people can have a variety of missions for the xbox.

I've only been able to finish this mission a few times and usually with 3 people what you will find with these types of missions is the more humans you have playing the easier it will be (sometimes :) ). What we do is run up to the first row of houses right off the bat, and then slowly take out the enemy from there, working our way into town usually on our bellies. If you wait long enough behind that row of houses the T80 and bmp will seek you out if your patient.  There are a number of snipers around the perimeter of town watch out for them! stay close to the buildings and once you've played it a few times you'll get an idea of where all those m50's are.

The fog problem I haven't been able to fix and I don't think its fixable. When the xbox is overwhelmed with a good size mission this is one of the downsides. This is what the construction points represent, the game gives your a certain number of points to work with, if it didn't and you could add more items then you would encounter the fog.

This mission is one of our favorites becuase it's so difficult. Even on Regular difficulty its quite hard.

Xbox Rocks

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Just say no to bugz