Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: mission objectives  (Read 851 times)

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
mission objectives
« on: 20 Aug 2006, 13:00:13 »
Could anybody point me in the direction of a tutorial on misison objectives or something?

Thanks

upinu

Re: mission objectives
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2006, 23:35:19 »
hey supershooter,

i had a look around on the net (and old stuff on my hard drive). a direct tut on objectives was a no-go. either be more specific (objectives activate or hide them. objectives in a init.sqs, script, trigger, mission briefing....) or do what many did in the beginning. simply build the mission that is located in your root installation of operation flashpoint. when you find the ofp folder on your hard drive, you will find within that a "ReadMe". open that and you will find a section called "editor". click on that and it will take you step by step through the mission making process (including objectives).

i hope this helps a bit

(anyone else?)  ???

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re: mission objectives
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2006, 10:56:33 »
Mission objectives are specific tasks invented by the mission designer for the player to complete.    In game design terms they are usually associated with triggers:  when the trigger is fired, the objective has been completed and the consequences occur.

snYpir wrote a very good tutorial "How to use objectives and init.sqs" and I'm not sure if its knocking around anywhere.   Also read his Briefing.html tutorial, if you can find it.    We are in the process of recovering as much of the old Editors Depot as we can and some tutes are already available in the new Editors Depot.   Others are on the way.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play