Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: deploy bipod on machinegun  (Read 1873 times)

SKULLPAL

deploy bipod on machinegun
« on: 24 Jul 2006, 15:05:59 »
i want to create a simple little mod.

automatically deploy bipod on machine gun when prone.

i see this working by replacing existing gun with a dummy version of the same gun when the soldier goes prone. this dummy version would have much lower recoil than standing version. also be slower to move because bipod is down.

ammo count would be kept the same between both guns of course because to user they are same thing.

changing stance to crouched/  stadning would replace dummy with original weapon.

is this possible? i have tried to find out how using the editing section but couldn't find a starting point.

any help would be appreicated.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Re: deploy bipod on machinegun
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2006, 17:32:13 »
not only would it be hard to make the ammo counting scripts but it is impossible to tell wheather sombody is lying or standing. try the VME mod, they have very advanced portable machinegun scripts.

Offline BigDawgKS

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2006, 18:51:36 »
You can't do any of the things you stated, there's no way to do any of them with the commands we have.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2006, 23:48:22 »
what about creating the weapon and detecting the height of it to the ground if its something small then they are lying if its mid way they are crouching and if its high then there standing? Would that work?

Or what about creating a gamelogic having a script to setpos it at the player iirc it should place it at the middle of the soldier then you could use the height command?

Would either of them work, never tried it so im not sure.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2006, 00:40:58 »
what about creating the weapon and detecting the height of it to the ground if its something small then they are lying if its mid way they are crouching and if its high then there standing? Would that work?
I don't understand fully what you mean..
What weapon and how would you keep it at the height of the soldier's hands?

If you mean regular weapon the soldier would hold you can't detect it, or it's height from the ground (unless you fire it)..

Or what about creating a gamelogic having a script to setpos it at the player iirc it should place it at the middle of the soldier then you could use the height command?
game logics are created at land height (or something like that) unless setPossed at other height..
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2006, 00:47:40 by HateR_Kint »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

SKULLPAL

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2006, 15:49:05 »
thanks.

so it's impossible? damn i hope armed assualt has more modability in this respect. one of ofp's let downs for me is pkm's that fire as nearly accurately stadning as prone.

how about this then? adding a middle mouse menu item called deploy bipod.  it can only be invoked when prone (sorta like at4 can only be used crouched). choosing this would then replace the current weapon with low recoil version.

ps - any reference material so i can read up on this more? due to the crash a lot of info i used to try and understand is gone or hard to find.

thank you.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2006, 18:49:36 »
t can only be invoked when prone
You still don't have the ability to detect the soldier's stance ;)

There are couple of threads at BI Forums about this:
1  2

In short there is some config value which you can use in the animation configs to get the desired effect..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Martin Kuka

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2006, 14:42:00 »
Think it is possible, but only for AI user.
Of course I think that there is a stance check script somewhere around, maybe in Ideas.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2006, 15:41:35 by Martin Kuka »
Lets get rocked