Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Chopper commands  (Read 1863 times)

BrAinOfJ

BAS Chopper commands
« on: 24 Jan 2006, 11:01:05 »
Anyone know how to remove the "Fast rope insertion" option when your riding in cargo of a BAS Blackhawk ?

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:BAS Chopper commands
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2006, 13:01:05 »
From memory:

This option is availiable for pilots and group leaders riding in the back. If you make your squad part of the choppers group while in cargo you shouldn't have the Fast Rope option.
You can also try to lock/unlock the helicopter (untested but it sometimes affects what options you have while riding in the back).
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

BrAinOfJ

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2006, 00:44:08 »
I tryed that, it removes every other option except the one im after :)

Always the way isnt it :)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2006, 02:28:39 »
Isn't that in the readMe? Im  pretty sure it is buut it's been about 2 years cince ive seen it.

BrAinOfJ

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2006, 08:02:30 »
nah been through that, 1st place i checked, it tells you how to activate the script, but not how to remove the players option.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2006, 10:30:01 »
Does it give the name of the action? I not, dePBO the addon and look through the config file. Look for anything regarding the fast rope scripts.
There should be a line similar to:

BAS_fastRope = addAction ["Fast Rope Insertion","fastrope.sqs"]

In fact, a good idea would be to press ctrl+f to get up the search box and type in whatever it says on the action menu. In the example I provied before
BAS_FastRope would be a global variable that defines the action. You can then add this to an init.sqs:

Player removeAction BAS_fastRope

If the action isnt in the config search around in the scripts ;)

BrAinOfJ

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2006, 04:04:26 »
Just an interesting note on this, i ran another mission in the editor where i know the fast rope option not to be present in the game, but the option was present in the editor. This tells me that perhaps in game, locking the vehicle or what ever is done mighjt remove the option.

I've solved my problem without having to fix it. I've simply made a cut seen that runs right up to where the team is dropped off.

For future enquiries, on thing i would suggest is turning keyboard control off. I havent tested this but i imagine it might work.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2006, 10:16:15 »
It would work but turning off player control is a major pain in the ass. If the game starts to lgag, which kt often does being OFP the player can't even alt-tab out. Highly frustrating for any player.

I used to use this cmmand a lot for cutscenes but over the years I have come to despise it.