Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tx_Utils.pbo (Utility & Systems addon)  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Tx_Utils.pbo (Utility & Systems addon)
« on: 17 Jul 2006, 02:25:29 »
I would like to present you with a pre release test version of an addon i have been working on for several weeks now

It is multiplayer compatible,  all systems work with AI

Download latest version: beta 0.004
 http://www.terox.nildram.co.uk/tx_utils/tx_utilsaddons.rar

Download example mission pack:
http://www.terox.nildram.co.uk/tx_utils/tx_utilsmissions.rar

Download template mission pack:
http://www.terox.nildram.co.uk/tx_utils/tx_utilsmissions.rar

Latest Online readme:
http://www.terox.nildram.co.uk/tx_utils/tx_utilsreadme.htm

Addons required:
CoC Network services 2 (included in the download)

******************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************

INTRODUCTION
The aim of this add-on is 2 fold

§        Implementation of a simple system to allow transportation of some useful cargo types
§        A Utility add-on aid for  mission makers
§         
§        The read-me is intended for both the novice and the more experienced mission maker. Therefore Some content or instructions may seem rather Obvious to some

I am hoping to continually develop this add-on, adding more useful functions and supporting scripts

NB>>  There is an automated "Debug" system within the add-on itself.
 If during mission setup, the mission makers incorrectly sets something up, or forgets to add something, then an
 [  addaction " Error-See Debug Report"]
will be attached to the mission maker This will run a formatted hint message explaining how to rectify the problem

There is also a server client version checking system,  If the client is running a different version of the addon to the server, they will be notified via the "Error see Debug" addaction

All content other than a few functions not of my making have been implemented with the full knowledge and permissions of the creator.
I take no credit for their work and would publicly like to voice my appreciation for their efforts.

Mlods for the few models within the addon are available on request (if not in Mlod format already)

Any content of my creation can be used without my permission, although credit where due would be appreciated.

Any improvements to my systems , reworked scripts etc will be welcome.

If there is Any content / functions / systems that you believe may be worthy of implementation, then please contact me to discuss it

CONTENTS:

1) AI on Demand by BN880
This is an advanced spawn management system by Bn880. It allows units already placed on the map to be temporarily removed and placed in stasis until they are required. It also saves their waypoints etc

2). CARGO System by Terox
This system allows certain items, eg ammo crates to be carried manually over short distances or transported by vehicle over long distances.
This cargo can also be paradropped from aircraft

3). TYRE replacement by Terox
A spare tyre is one of the types of cargo available in the cargo system, mentioned above. Replacing a spare tyre will only repair flat tyres on wheeled vehicles. It does not repair other damage. Multiplayer & AI compatible

4). UNIT tracking Systems by Terox
This system maps a marker to each unit in a players group, it changes the marker type to represent the vehicle the unit is in. It is customisable to utilise any add-on vehicles in your add-on packs

5) GROUP tracking system by Terox
This system simply sets a pre defined marker to the position of each group leader listed in an array, it compliments the unit marker system, allowing the overall mission commander to keep track of his group leaders

6). GROUP Custom Callsigns by Terox
Allows a greater choice of custom call signs, so instead of seeing Alpha Black 1 in side chat messages, you will be able to use call signs like Recon, or Command

7). INVISIBLE Targets by Terox (Initial idea by BAS)
If you want ai manned aircraft to fire their cannons at infantry units or you want R.P.G's to be fired at player infantry units, then using a suitable  invisible target setposs'd above or to the side of them will get that effect

8). FUNCTIONS list (Numerous)
This is simply a list of preloaded functions that you may find useful to use in your missions. It includes correct syntax examples of how to use them

9). SPECTATOR SYSTEM by Kegety
Kegety's deathcam system with additional settings for competition league matches etc

10). SPECTATOR SYSTEM (Xcam) by Silola
(modified as a spectator dialog)

11). BRIEFING TEMPLATE by Terox
A three sided briefing.html file that you may find useful as a template for creating a well laid out briefing

12). Random Weather System by Terox
Placing a Game-logic in the mission initiates a random weather system, with optional user defined parameters. Multiplayer compatible

13). Random Weapon Jam by Terox
This system can cause a primary weapon to jam when a unit fires it. There are 2 stages of "stoppage". Stage 1 requires a simple reload, Stage 2 requires the unit to carry out blockage drills. Multiplayer & AI compatible

14). Large selection of markers
Silhouette types by Terox
A large selection of silhouette style markers of vehicles used in OFP

15). Customiseable Intro Dialog
Consisting of
     a) A user defined border image
     b) A user defined background image
     c) A user defined Text Box for Mission Title
     d) A user defined Text Box for Mission Makers name
     e) Optional display of a user defined logo
     f) Optional display of a user defined Recon Photo

16). Customiseable Basic Dialog
Consisting of
     a) A user defined border image
     b) A user defined background image
     c) A user defined Text Box for Title
     d) A user defined list Box for unlimited lines of text
     e) 3 user defined action Buttons
     f) Optional display of action Buttons

version 0.005 currently WIP

1) An Attack & defend template
2) Coop mission template
3) A Casualty rate monitoring system

lots of code, script examples for plug in use

Enjoy and please give me constructive feedback, find those bugs!!!

thx.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2006, 21:58:47 by Terox »
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: Tx_Utils.pbo (Utility & Systems addon)
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2006, 13:05:49 »
Nice idea Terox, I'll give it a whirl, thx :)

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2006, 21:59:42 »
Verion 0.004 Now available

All download links are in the header (first) post of this thread

Customiseable intro dialog
Customiseable Basic dialog

ChangeLog

§        Only the crew (gunner, driver, commander) can now eject cargo from aircraft (used to be anyone on board)
§        Added "Customiseable Game logic initiated"  Dialogue intro
§        Added a "Basic Dialog" intended for use for debug reports but available for use to display any text based information in a list box
§        Debug Report is now outputted to a dialog screen, accessible via addaction placed on the player (more easily  readable that a hint format)
§        Internally used  variable TxU_Debug changed from a string to an array, required for new dialogue debug output
§        CoC Ai On Demand was using a preprocess file instead of a loadfile, causing "script not found" error
§        CoC Ai On Demand  variable CoC_ADonSpawn was pointing to a non existent file
§        Reduced armour values of the jerrycan and spare tyre (Both need to take 2 rounds to destroy)
§        Added system check / debug report for description.ext entry     #include <tx_utils\dialogs.hpp>
§        Edited all example missions, implementing the Intro dialog
§        Created a mission template which should be used as the starting foundation for any missions that use this addon (see link in first post)

Forgot about this one
§        Paradropping cargo object is now an A22 cargo crate
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2006, 22:06:00 by Terox »

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2006, 19:44:59 »
NEW VERSION 0.005
This version is an interim version to fix a conflict when the addon is used with ECP
Thanks to  killswitch for for the ECP fix

Changelog
pre release version = 0.005

§       Parachute ejected cargo now deploys a random coloured smoke grenade to mark it's landing position

§         "Fixed" ECP ctd'd when parachute cargo was ejected from aircraft

NB>> Download links found at top of this thread