Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Zombie  (Read 2510 times)

pucan

Zombie
« on: 19 Jan 2006, 02:30:54 »
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good zombie mods or missions.
Is there any multiplayer zombie missions?
Any Ideas?
thanks

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Re:Zombie
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2006, 05:23:11 »
There are zombies, but the ofp engine dosent allow for very realistic attacks :'(

the farmland mod has them

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2006, 10:12:37 »
Still the best mod is Unified Zombie Mod from Scott Tunstall even if it's dead for a long time now.
Last release was Unified Zombie Mod Beta 3 available at Farmland Mod: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/farmland/down.html
A FAQ thread is available for it at the BIS Mission Editing forum.

The newer Zombie addons come with there own moan scripts or some custom animantions, but they can't be called mods. No optimization, not well documented, not very customizeable, allmost no publicity and they often consist of an edited Unified Zombie Mod addon.

There are some (maybe 3) coop missions. Most of them even work without addons, as the makers imported the ai scripts into the mission. Search the BIS User Missions forum for "zombie coop".

Singleplayer missions I know are:
Night of the living Conscript (OFPEC)
Doomsday I-IV (OFPEC or BIS forum)
Biohazard Apocalypse (BIS forum. Only a beta with bugs, but worth a try)
Trapped on Malden (BIS forum. A newly released beta campaign.)
Some Zombie missions are also available on the Farmland page.
ZOS Zombie Outbreak Simulation (OFPEC)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2006, 14:28:28 »
Batteltek's Consipricies is quite a good zombie themed campaign. However, you'll be shooting at Russian guys with AKs aswell as zombies, but it's still a nice (especially asthetically) campaign.
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2006, 14:28:52 by XCess »

pucan

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2006, 02:38:38 »
Thanks a lot guys.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2006, 03:20:13 »
Batteltek's Consipricies is quite a good zombie themed campaign. However, you'll be shooting at Russian guys with AKs aswell as zombies, but it's still a nice (especially asthetically) campaign.

That campaign would have been perfect except that the zombies are poorly scripted and never want to behave.

I never once found myself killed by a zombie. only the russians. it really detracted from it. But the atmosphere was great.

I think sombody needs to make a pounce animation for the zombies. They do a great job of coming within 10 feet of you. But they have a hard time coming closer than that and end up walking to you before they bite. this makes them almost harmless. If they could pounce it would be great. I would make it and can, but I dont know how to write the config for it. :'(

pucan

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2006, 18:00:02 »
If anyone is interested with doing the scripting side of things i would be willing to do the map/unit end of things on a zombie mission

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2006, 20:06:22 »
Keep it on-topic please, recruitment in the Recruitment Lounge only.   ;)

Or use PM if it is more convenient.  ;D

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Xai

Re: Zombie
« Reply #8 on: 02 Jun 2006, 18:24:03 »
There was a rather good zombie mission I played called 'Volcano'. I'm sure most of you know it. It won some price or somesuch. Very good fun.