Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mandomisil Suite - missiles on demand  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Mandomisil Suite - missiles on demand
« on: 05 Jan 2006, 02:44:14 »
The attached mandomisilsuite.zip file includes all the Mandomisil Suite scripts and five tutorial missions (every mission includes a copy of the Suite scripts). Read carefully the .txt explanation files.

The suite is for OFP 1.85 or above and no addons are needed except BIS officials.
Some tutorial missions need Resistance.

All the scripts have a header with detailed purpose, syntax, arguments and usage examples.

There are 5 main missile categories depending on loadout type:
Normal: all kinds of explosive warheads.
Cluster bombs loadout.
Fireworks (flares and smoke).
Troops (you can use a plane as missile and drop soliders in chutes over selected target or coordinates).

The suite includes also targeting and firing systems for guided and unguided missiles.

Things you can do with the Mandomisil Suite scripts:

- Launch a custom missile from any object (soldier, player, vehicle, building, etc) against any object (soldier, player, vehicle, building, etc) or x,y,z coordinates with "mandomisil.sqs"

- Launch a preconfigured guided or unguided missile from any object (soldier, player, vehicle, building, etc) against any object (soldier, player, vehicle, building, etc) or x,y,z coordinates with "mandomisilhelper.sqs".

- Add one or more targeting systems to a player or vehicle using "mandoblancoaddaction.sqs". These targeting system are available for players as menu actions.

- Add one or more missile firing systems to a player or vehicle using "mandofireaddaction.sqs". These firing system are available for players as menu actions.

- Add a system to adjust distance and altitude of impact for unguided missiles to a player or vehicle  using "mandounguidactions.sqs". This system is available for players as menu actions to increase or decrease distance, increase or decrease altitude of the impact point. Impact point is where the missile will activate its loadout (explode if loadout is explosive, drop cluster bombs if loadout is clusters, drop troops in chutes if loadout is airborne, activate a recon camera, etc).

- Add one or more automatic attack systems to any object (soldier, player, vehicle, building, etc) using "mandomisilattacker.sqs".

- Add one or more automatic antimissile system to any object (soldier, player, vehicle, building, etc) using "mandomisildef.sqs"

Some application examples:
Pickup a Cessna small plane and add two automatic attacking systems below the wings, each with 4 missiles of maximum accuracy.

Pickup a chopper and add a "flying units targeting system" and a "ground units targeting system", then add 2 antiground units missile system, one at each chopper side, with 4 missiles each. Add also two antiair missile systems, one at each copper side, each one with 2 antiair missiles.

Pickup a ship and add 4 automatic systems: one antimissile system with 20 missiles, two antiship systems with 8 missiles each and one antiair system with 16 missiles.

Pickup a jeep and add a system to adjust distance and altitude of impact for unguided missiles. Add also an unguided missile firing system with cluster bombs to the jeep with 4 missiles. If a player get into that jeep, the player will be able to adjust the point where the unguided cluster bomb missiles will activate their loadout, and the player will be able also to launch up to 4 missiles loaded with cluster bombs from the jeep to the impact point (loadout activation point).

ETC.

I would like to have some good recomendations to improve the missiles exhaust smoke.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2006, 10:54:50 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Re:Mandomisil Suite - missiles on demand
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2006, 03:06:46 »
New version on the way (also with torpedoes), finishing the documentation now.

Attached is a playable demo, it requires Resistance and any editor-update.
The demo shows most of the Suite features, except the targeting and firing systems for players.

Just unzip the .pbo into your missions folder (mission name is "Mandomisil demo").

I'll try to post the latest suite scripts and user docs tomorrow.

Enjoy.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2006, 02:49:05 »
As promised, the new version of the Suite.

Five tutorial/demo missions are included (mission's PBOs and also the mission's folders to be reviewed with the editor) as well as the complete user doc.

The scripts require OFP 1.91 or above.
First tutorial/demo mission requires any editor update addon (editorupdate102, for example).

This version contains 55 preconfigured missile types, including AA missiles, AG/S missiles, guided bullets, torpedoes, "guided" helicopters and planes for airborne assaults, interceptable AA missiles, Phalanx-like rounds and defense systems, unguided rounds and much more.

Automatic offensive systems are more flexible now, minimum and maximum attacking ranges are now configurable. Minimum range for automatic antimissile defense systems has been also included.

I would appreciate if some of you pick up the scripts and test them inside your own missions. All of them has been already tested in single player, but none of them has been tested in MP games.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2006, 18:37:58 by Mandoble »

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2006, 22:48:56 »
I tried to D/L the latest "Mandomisil Suite" but I got a "page not found " error.

I will test the first version when time permits.

Wadmann
Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2006, 23:35:10 »
Link seems to work now.

Do not download the first version, it is too obsolete now (is there any way to delete the attached file of the first post?)

BTW, I've found some english syntax mistakes in the user doc  :-\. Hopefully all of them will be fixed tomorrow.

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2006, 02:49:00 »
to delete your attchments, click modify post, then click the check box for "delete your attatchment" or whatever its says

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2006, 02:58:12 »
I did try the first version of the script, and I have to say it was quite nice.  The targeting was a bit difficult, but I am surprised you were able to do what you have done.  All in all, I am impressed.  I'm not sure what to suggest to improve the script besides the targeting, but I have a feeling that that's as good as it will get, probably a game limitation.

I haven't tested the newer version, yet.

-Pilot

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2006, 11:53:43 »
Last version attached below.

Thanks for your comments Pilot.

Certainly targeting systems for players should be improved. But I can play only with four factors to determine which unit to be targeted:
1 - Range
2 - Degrees between targeting system owner direction and targets
3 - Target type (flying, ground/sea or both).
4 - Knowledge about target candidate.

Current targeting system does not use range as a criteria, but the other three are input parameters for the targeting script: Scan arc in front of the targeting system, target type (flying, ground/sea or both) and minimum knowledge about the target candidate.

At this time, the most useful way to ease the targeting process when you have lots of target candidates in front of you is just to use a minimum knowledge greater than 0. On the other hand, if you dont have a way to indicate the OFP engine that you know something about a target candidate in front of you, you will not be able to target it. For example, when you are alone as driver of a jeep, you cannot use any sight/binoculars to aim at the target and right click the mouse, so while you see the enemy unit in front of you, OFP engine thinks you dont know anything about it.

I'll try to find a way to work around this limitation.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2006, 18:39:22 by Mandoble »