Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Pilots Heads Turned to the Side >:(  (Read 690 times)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Pilots Heads Turned to the Side >:(
« on: 22 Dec 2005, 03:09:09 »
 Is there anyway to make the pilots in planes look straight ahead.  I am working on a cutscene where the camera focuses on the faces of pilot while they talk to each other and there base.  Anyway, the pilots seem to spend more time looking left and right than straight ahead.  It looks kind of dumb when they are talking and their head is turned to the side (only on occasion are they looking "into the camera").
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2005, 03:09:46 by Raptorsaurus »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:Pilots Heads Turned to the Side >:(
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2005, 11:35:54 »
i persume there in side of their planes/choppers ?
if so try
pilot dowatch a10

or something like that make them watch the vehcile their inside (might make them look down though

worth a try i have the same problem they tend to look at the camera for some reason but im not really bothered by the problem

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2005, 05:45:29 »
or pilot_dude dowatch _cam.
I'm not 100% sure if that will work but I believe I recall seeing it done somewhere.
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2005, 05:45:43 by RujiK »
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2005, 08:31:26 »
This is a frustrating one.  The best method I have found is to give the unit a specific location a long way in front of it to watch.  Something like:

Code: [Select]
unitname doWatch [(getPos unitname select 0) + 500*sin(getDir unitName),(getPos unitname select 1) + 500*cos(getDir unitName),0]Or some such.

If you know exactly where the unit will be then find an object on the map that is a long way infront of it and do a:
Code: [Select]
unitname doWatch (object XXXX)Where XXXX is the object ID you can get from the editor.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2005, 10:19:59 »
what about a fast loop setting a game logic in front of the pilot and using the dowatch command ? that would work i think but may cause a spot of lag