Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Zulu wars  (Read 1817 times)

Veers

Zulu wars
« on: 19 Dec 2005, 01:34:27 »
An Anglo-Zulu war mod would be cool. I don't know if anyone would be interested in making one, I know I can't.

marcus3

Re:Zulu wars
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2005, 03:01:21 »
ok, i know this is going to be lame but, what is the Zulu war?

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2005, 05:05:54 »
I'm thinking the same thing :/
For no particular reason I'm thinking chopper but I think its just because of the Zuni Launcher. (Or zuna or whatever)
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Karik

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2005, 05:28:22 »
Zulu's are african tribe, that were famous for their brave and disciplined warriors. They had working chain and command and tactics, and they ruled large parts of southern Africa. Anglo-zulu war was between zulu nation and British Imperium 1879.

British troops with modern weapons defeated zulus which were armed with shields and assegais (assegai = short spear, used mainly in close combat as a melee weapon). Zulus managed to gain some victories (mainly because british commanders underestimaded their tactics), but didnt have a chance to win the war. Nowadays zulus still remain one of the southern African tribes.

Personally I dont think OFP would be good platform for this kind of battles (hundreds or even thousands warriors with spears against professional army armed with bolt action rifles).

Veers

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2005, 04:32:52 »
Karik knows his stuff. Ok, I think you are right but it would be cool though

Agent Luciane

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2006, 13:08:57 »
Karik yes it sounds awesome I had a similar idea Rourkes Drift is what gave it to me have you seen the film Zulu its old but its very spinechilling when it goes from quite to the Zulus singing and banging their sheilds

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2006, 21:00:20 »
Think of the lag! Dear god won't somebody think of the lag!
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2006, 21:00:32 by XCess »