Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Locked" Buildings in LegaWarz  (Read 1646 times)

LoomChild

"Locked" Buildings in LegaWarz
« on: 01 Dec 2005, 15:16:44 »
As a new member (well, first post) I'd just like to say Hi everyone.

With that done, now to my problem. I finaly installed the old mod LegaWarz and tried it out, and because I've loved Lego for as long as I can remember I loved it too. So I decided to try and make some missions for it, and perhaps a short campain (mostly as training for some more serious work that's being planned atm).

But when I enter the editor I notice that I can't place any of the buildings on the map, appart from static things that goes in the water. Examining the PBO's and some other PBO's I soon realize that I can only see vehicles (the water objects being "very very slow boats"). But I can't see and thus not place any towers, bases, ammocrates, signs or anything.

I then tried to fiddle with the PBO's to simulate the things I could see, but with my lack of knowledge ended me up with placeble items that were classed as units (yes, by mistake I did play a static tower for a few seconds ;). It sort of works, but it means I will get out of groups kind of quick and I guess that everything will have a running AI (and thus eating processing power).

So, to the actual question (now that I guess you all know the general problem). How to actually place objects that can't be chosen in the editor? I don't want to have to check how the LegaWarz missions files looks like, copy the code there, place some other objects on my mission map to get the XYZ-pos and then place the cut lega-object-code in the new mission files.

I so hope there's an easier way to do this.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:"Locked" Buildings in LegaWarz
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec 2005, 17:11:59 »
Ok, well its been a year or two since I actually looked at the LagaWarz mod.

Once you have placed the relevant PBO's in the Addons folder there should be a new entry in the game editor placement dialog, the bit where you choose what to place on the map.

Its the same with most addons really.

Maybe if you explain exactly where you put the PBO's?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

LoomChild

« Reply #2 on: 01 Dec 2005, 17:38:20 »
The PBO's works just fine in themselves. They are in the addons-folder.

I do get the LegaWarz-stuff in the editor and I can place cars, bikes, soldiers and such on the map.

But the list is "incomplete". I.e. I can't see (and thus not place) buildings. As you might remember the SP mission they have, the training day mish, has towers, fences, signs and such all over the place. And it uses one of the original islands (can't remember which one atm, not that it matters realy).

So what I would like to be able to do is actually see the buildings/ammocrates/signs when I want to place something. Just like you can place ordinary ammocrates, fortifications and such.

So to sum it up. OFP finds the PBO's. I can play the missions all right. I can place people and vehicles in the editor. I CAN'T place static objects like buildings and ammocrates because they don't show up in the list.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2005, 17:51:27 »
Well, I just downloaded the LegaWarz mod and installed it.

The buildings are all there.

Remember, you have to place the player (You) on the map first before the Empty slot is available.

You will find the rest of the stuff then under Empty..LegaWarz.

Planck

LoomChild

« Reply #4 on: 01 Dec 2005, 20:19:34 »
Ooooh, now that could be the problem, yes. As I wanted to build the base itself first.

I'll give it a try after dinner, or my gf will try to kill me (not that I don't think she has a reason too ;).

But thanks for the help. If you see no more messages it worked as you said it would and I'm all happy.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 01 Dec 2005, 20:23:31 »
Well, when you become all happy, pop back in and press the 'solve' button.    ;D ;D

Planck

LoomChild

« Reply #6 on: 01 Dec 2005, 20:52:00 »
It worked. So I will now (happily) solve it.

Again. Thanks!