Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: PayPal Gremlins  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Nixer6

• Members
Re:PayPal Gremlins
« Reply #15 on: 17 Nov 2005, 23:38:51 »
Actually, Artak's explanation makes sense.

Maybe I'm just overreacting :-[

Privacy is an issue we should all pay attention to.
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #16 on: 18 Nov 2005, 00:46:16 »
I can confirm that the only thing your browser will request from paypal when you log into OFPEC is the .gif file for the icon at the bottom of every page.

Paypal gets all it's 'OFPEC specific' information from the client ID in the link address when you submit a donation. There's no information sent behind the scenes ;)

Security is an issue, and one we do take seriously. Though I've heard a few horror stories (none involving OFPEC however!), I've never had any issues with paypal myself. We're always willing to listen to any concerns you might have though.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: 19 Nov 2005, 21:41:41 »
just one thing over here in Britain just incase your not
i was watching the news and it shows the headlines and im pretty sure it does say something about paypal in the bottom i couldnt get a good look becuase it was small text and it was in the bottom corner but i may be wrong it might of said something totally different

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #18 on: 02 Dec 2005, 12:49:17 »
I'm sure that OFPEC would like to take this moment to reassure all its loyal friends, visitors, families and the bloke we met in the pub that night, that OFPEC has never, and never will, be involved in any illicit activites involving their members Paypal accounts.....
*Puts his villa on the Costa-Del-Sol on the market and starts burning paperwork*

The world is full of nasty people, but the Internet, if viewed with an upto date firewall, virus checker, some other misc. security programs and razor wire around your telephone line, as well as some savvy, is an exceptionally safe place to shop and spend. I personally throw hundreds away each month on 'tinternet.

Where else could I get my Thailand brides from?

:)
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.